Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Sunday be the day the AXE finally falls on Sami

Spinal Wheels

Apr 9, 2012
Newick
I would think the good majority of Brighton fans now feel that should we suffer another poor result as is most likely at the hands of a rampant Bournemouth live on Sky Sports on Saturday evening, the axe will finally fall on Hyypia on Sunday. I would be very surprised if Bloom & the board allow this all to continue any longer. We clearly now have a side that is really only fit for a relegation battle. Let's get a new experienced championship manager in that can make sure we survive this season. Then Mr Bloom let's learn the lesson of our mistakes in the summer & move on. Any other deadly out come at the end of this season would be totally catastrophic for the club as a whole & the City of Brighton. I think the amazing support & noise from all our loyal fans at Totenham last night went to prove we deserve better than this. Over to you Mr Bloom.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just when I thought NSC couldn't get any more dull, boring and predictable, some other mug pops up and regurgitates the same pointless bile.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
No we will be celebrating a famous victory. If not I think he will get until the international break

I've said all along that the six games between the two international breaks will decide his future and to some extent define our season. Four of these games at home. He needs 9-10 points from these six. Therefore, seven points from three games to save himself.
Not looking good is it?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
No chance, I was never convinced Sami was the man when we appointed him but he deserves more than a dozen league games to prove himself.

Absolute nonsense to get rid now.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
As much as I think sami is struggling I'm not sure bringing in a new manager is the answer. The simple fact is the squad isn't good enough.

Or he could set the team up to play to their strengths, rather than deploy tactics and a formation that our squad is clearly not good enough to play as, for instance Sam Baldock needs to play as an out and out centre forward and not out wide and Chris O Grady needs to be played at left back.............in the changing room.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The team as currently organised and motivated is no more fit for a relegation battle than it is to achieve mid-table mediocrity or the play-offs.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
A new manager will still be in the same shit we're in, no money no ambition

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
God only knows what's going to happen. We may sell Dunk for a few million and then replace him with a loan of some kind. FFP!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
A loss to Bournemouth will mark 12 games without a win, which was the last straw for B. Leverkusen. I think we'll see the same result if we lose.

It really is a shame that our play-off hopes are pretty much ruined largely due to having a shit manager. TB hold your hands up.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I'm now getting to the stage where if we got rid of Sami I'm starting to believe a new manager would still struggle with our current crop of players
Hope I'm wrong and a new manager with different ideas and better motivation can get enough out of a very average squad of players to push us up the table a bit

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here