Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Sami Hyypia! Get Out of Our Club!' - Heard by Very Few

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I've edited the original post as I don't want to be seen as trying to cause trouble/issues.
sounded very much like it clearly on my stream though, will wait for some to get back from WHL to confirm

U-Turn-Sign-K-7180.gif

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Based upon the word of a serial NSC bullshitter from his internet stream, you've all jumped in spectacularly to dig fans who actually went to support the team :lolol: Classic NSC.

As others have already confirmed, it was 100% not chanted.

I jumped in to criticise people who never attend matches but who come on here to slag the club off at every opportunity.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Same old......same old.
People expending more energy in opposing the club than backing it. :nono:

Exactly this

Genuinely want to know whether you two, and others with a similar opinion, think that supporting a club blindly and not questioning or criticising where things obviously need changing would have got us back in '94/'95?

Imagine if Paul S had come on here and said "guys I've seen that the articles of association have been changed and directors can now profit from the sale of the club" and everyone else rallied with a unanimous chorus of "shut up and support the team, forget criticism, it's just negative energy man..."

Christ on a bike.

Are you enjoying this run? Do you like the style of the team? Enjoying the results? Ad infinitum.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Genuinely want to know whether you two, and others with a similar opinion, think that supporting a club blindly and not questioning or criticising where things obviously need changing would have got us back in '94/'95?

Imagine if Paul S had come on here and said "guys I've seen that the articles of association have been changed and directors can now profit from the sale of the club" and everyone else rallied with a unanimous chorus of "shut up and support the team, forget criticism, it's just negative energy man..."

Christ on a bike.

Are you enjoying this run? Do you like the style of the team? Enjoying the results? Ad infinitum.

I am old enough to remember a world where no-one expected instant solutions to every problem and people were given respect and time to deal with issues in every walk of life rather than be treated to torrents of abuse and moved on to be replaced by the next person almost bound to fail for lack of patience. Different world. I am a dinosaur. Mea culpe.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Christ on a bike.

That's a valid point, but there IS a difference between someone tampering with the Articles of Association, and someone not wanting to give a struggling manager the benefit of the doubt.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I call bullshit. Heard nothing but positivity from lower tier

For what its worth I didn't hear the chant watching the live stream but the pitchside microphones certainly did pick out individual comments from the crowd throughout the game.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I was in the lower tier, the only thing close to a negative chant I heard was "we lose every week, your nothing special we lose every week". Certainly nothing aimed towards SH.

Agree. I didn't hear anything.

When the 'lose every week' chant went up, whilst I thought it fairly funny, the pedant in me wanted to point out that we actually draw every week and play like a toothless granny with gum disease. But I didn't think that would scan well.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Of course. but There really is no equivalence between the directors conspiring to sell the club from under our feet leaving the club with no ground, no funds, no future and a real risk of going out of business and a run of bad form . A frustrating draw with Rotherham and irritation , for example at a pint of beer being sold for £4.10 (with discounts!) is not really cause to tell Tony Bloom et al the club is a disaster, the CEO should be sacked and its all over for BHAFC...
Mountains and molehills.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If the song had been directed at Burke, who's spent the last x number of transfer windows expertly dismantling the squad, and recruiting mainly non-Championship quality players ..... that would have made more sense. Rather than the head coach, appointed just a few months ago, to work with a squad with so many glaring deficiencies.

SH = the obvious scapegoat.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If the song had been directed at Burke, who's spent the last x number of transfer windows expertly dismantling the squad, and recruiting mainly non-Championship quality players ..... that would have made more sense. Rather than the head coach, appointed just a few months ago, to work with a squad with so many glaring deficiencies.

SH = the obvious scapegoat.

I don't think Burke has a say in who stays, does he? We clearly are not in a position to entice players to play for us when there are better deals to be had elsewhere.

We don't know which players Burke has taken a liking to, but that we can't afford or tempt them to join us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't think Burke has a say in who stays, does he? We clearly are not in a position to entice players to play for us when there are better deals to be had elsewhere.

We don't know which players Burke has taken a liking to, but that we can't afford or tempt them to join us.

Paul Barber said at one of the fans forums that David Burke does the buying and he does the selling of players.

Edited post to add, I didn't hear anything like that in the upper tier, left hand side.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Or what very much sounded like this was heard being chanted on the stream whilst Chicksen was getting treatment.

Personally I don't think he'll go until Sunday after the Bournemouth result.

Can anyone who went tonight confirm that is the case?

Didn't hear this either, all i heard was the Spurs fans chanting about Harry Kane during the time Chicksen was getting treatment.

Sounds like you have heard it as something that what you wanted to hear rather than what was actually being sung at the time.

We were singing Tony Bloom's blue n white army at various stages during the match, and not really singing about Hyppia at any point which i thought was a bit off myself.

And i wonder what our players made of the chants about an ex-player (Ulloa chants) when we hadn't sung anything about any of our current squad, makes you wonder if it's demotivational (their not bothered about us, why should we be about them and getting a result?)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Burrke and barber won't be going anywhere so if we lose on Saturday I'll be aiming my frustration at sami, hypia out!!!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I didn't hear anything negative. On a positive note, the chief steward in front of me said to his colleague "I have just walked all along the front and this lot are way louder than QPR!" :):thumbsup:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We all want to be there every game without the need to be critical, but surely it's obvious the team are not playing as a team. Organising players into a team is the managers job and sadly hypia doesn't look up to the job, he had same problem in Germany, enough talent there on paper, they just need a leader.

And sadly we dont have a player as a leader or a "managers man" like Liam was for Poyet, or blimey Chippy, Oatway, Cullip etc for Taylor/Adams or Crofts for Oscar etc etc.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
That's a valid point, but there IS a difference between someone tampering with the Articles of Association, and someone not wanting to give a struggling manager the benefit of the doubt.

Granted it was an extreme example and I am in no way suggesting that we're on the precipice of any such similar situation. BUT freedom of speech and opinion is what makes the game awesome, take it away and replace it with unwavering fervent stoic support is in my opinion also not the answer.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Paul Barber said at one of the fans forums that David Burke does the buying and he does the selling of players.

Edited post to add, I didn't hear anything like that in the upper tier, left hand side.

I don't understand how that works. Does Burke have the final say on what someone is worth?

El-Abd wise, I can imagine that he would give the green light as he feels we have cover. Possibly the same for Buckley, but I don't imagine he is in a position to block the sales of Bridcutt and Ulloa?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
And sadly we dont have a player as a leader or a "managers man" like Liam was for Poyet, or blimey Chippy, Oatway, Cullip etc for Taylor/Adams or Crofts for Oscar etc etc.

Bridcutt was many good things for us before his injury but he was never a leader, he was just quietly very good.

Dunk was the leader on the pitch on Wednesday but normally Greer and to a lesser extent Stockdale fulfill that role.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here