Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Brighton and Hove Albion **** Official Match Thread ****

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Sadly I agree. He must be getting slightly twitchy though. Especially by looking at our current form, dropping attendances and a possible relegation fight. Worst thing of all though, after all his investment into the club, it's a shame that we can't keep together or assemble a squad capable of competing. Early days I know but it's all very underwhelming off the back of two playoff challenges!

With the exception of Murray all the decent players we have lost have been under contract so whose fault is it that they have gone?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
No more away matches for me until we start to improve

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Fact of the matter is, that is the available squad but I'll try and call the game called off if you think it's not worthwhile playing.

fact of the matter is that we , as a football team , currently , in a scoring goals and TAKING points off other teams sense , are about as effectual as an antelope on university challenge.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
We have no idea what to do with the ball.
This is a squad of very talented footballers that Sami has somehow broken :-(

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
The teams from the last few seasons would have made that entertaining.
Tonight was awful, embarrassing in fact.
Very sad.
Sami is done.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Spot on.
From what I saw in various spells on Saturday it was absolutely crystal clear that some of the players are now not playing for their manager.
I've seen 600 odd matches which by and large means sod all... but I know the difference when it comes to body language.
Tonight was predictable, and so be it if we lose to a Premier League team.
What did cross my mind though when comparing this team to others in the last few years was that Poyet's team would at least have had a good go at it.

Something needs to change.

that would explain the "lost" looking phoenomena......they clearly don't "get" the system/tactics and or have no desire.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Get that Gardner off

I would rather us play one of our own development squad players than Gardner. If he was in our DS we would have released him. He doesn't look interested and offers nothing to the team. I think he tries, but hasn't got the ability.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Got Spurs on a Good Day for Them

When we lose the midfield (as expected) we have nothing in the locker. No pace for breakaways, no shooting and the defence cannot hold out for ever. I think Bruno would have had a very good chance at the stopping the crosses cum shots that led to their goals. Just as we were beginning to get it together we conceded. We all knew that our central defenders were not Premier League quick enough. None of them are in the Championship.

Spurs pressing game gave them much more possession. That's OK as they were running a little out of steam and then they scored.

Lualua never had so much trouble with McNaughton. Just showed one glimpse of what he could do.

Spurs played like we should at home. Dominated the game and had alert quick strikers. Their full backs did not wander forward at all. I think they figured their possession would mean that they would not concede and sooner or later their pressure would tell.

Four quarter chances for us, lots for them. Lualua tight angle on his left foot, Dunk lack of composure over the bar, Colunga on his left foot, and I've forgotten the other one. I think Tozer intercepted.

I think the main problem was that Spurs played well, much better than they did in the European game last mid-week. That game they kept losing possession. This time they kept the ball.

Last edited:

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I remember TB and Barber saying how they spoke extensively to 'people in football' before appointing SH. What did they actually hear? That he has no clue how to change a losing team around, that he signs the wrong players for a formation he sticks to, that he shrugs his shoulders when he is asked a question, that he shows no passion etc. After all that faffing TB and Barber just appointed a 'Yes man' (probably after Poyet) and it worries me they are too stubborn to fix it.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Defence was good first half but as soon as we get it to the halfway line there's no one to pass to so we end up losing it and they attack again, vicious circles, you can't defend for 90mins! Something needs to change before we're down and out at the bottom of the league

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here