Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Brighton and Hove Albion **** Official Match Thread ****

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
That's the bigger problem, for all the criticism on here about Sami et al, we don't anyone who looks like scoring. If I had a choice between changing the manager or swapping CMS and few others I'd go for the latter.

So your blaming CMS when he only came on in the 86th minute. Class

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Are you going to be on here on Monday, sharing your thoughts with others, and admitting you were wrong on this call?
I'm more than willing to do so if I'm wrong.

Changing managers at whim might be fashionable in football, but it is not a good idea. This is what Bloom thinks too. That's my wager (he likes wagers, he's good at wagers, I'm not).

I will happily admit being wrong if we don't get beaten on Saturday. As for Sami not being in charge, I didn't actually say I wanted that to happen, just that I think it might well do if we are soundly thrashed.

I'm not normally one for calling for a managers head, and I'm not now, but something clearly isn't working, and the buck stops with the bloke that is telling the players how to play.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Sounds like Dunk had another epic game tonight.

His stock must be rising very nicely which makes him another factor in the debate about Sami i.e. if our form does not significantly improve then it might that much harder to hang on to Dunk in January. That would be a big dent in our future prospects. Unless of course we can receive an Ulloa-esque fee and use it to rebuild with proper quality. No doubt a new manager will expect some money to play with.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
So your blaming CMS when he only came on in the 86th minute. Class

So no I'm not blaming CMS for playing 4 minutes of football, I am doubtful he'd have done much if he'd played 90 except run around really well and been a really nice guy. I'm saying we don't have anyone who looks like scoring and that might be a bigger priority than changing managers.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
[/B]

Could ultimately cost us in the end though

Anything could happen. That's an empty sentence.
I've got a simple point: I don't like changing managers. I appreciate it's unfashionable. I appreciate others have different views in general. I appreciate others have different views specifically about Hyypia. But many of those were also calling for Oscar's head. See Kev the Rev, for instance. You might get many on NSC on your side for banging on about such things. But is it really the best thing for the club?
We need a goalscoring striker. Hopefully, we've got someone lined up from loan from a PL club, or someone from across in Europe. I like what I see from Colunga. Maybe Baldock, but we need to spend some of that Ulloa money on a replacement.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Onwards and upwards. Let's hope Sami and the team are focussing on the positives from this game which there are, despite what you might think from reading on here, quite a few of which the lads can take confidence from whilst also addressing the underlying issues. Over and out.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
It's not mock outrage. Managers are on a fair wack, much too much imo but you've got to give them a chance and that means at least half a season. OK if they's lost every game that would be another matter. You're confusing outrage with me thinking you a a tad of a richard head!

Ok fine lets go with that plan then for another 9 games and see how that pans out. Ive changed my mind I dont want Sami sacked I'm more than happy to witness one of the most amazing & unprecedented turnarounds in footballing history as we finally click and fly up the table week after week putting teams to the sword... Or ignoring that flight of fancy for a moment we could be a bit more realistic and expect more of the same and continue to be be all flash and no bang and be even further in the cack in 9 games time. Fantasy or reality?, i know which one I'm choosing.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Anything could happen. That's an empty sentence.
I've got a simple point: I don't like changing managers. I appreciate it's unfashionable. I appreciate others have different views in general. I appreciate others have different views specifically about Hyypia. But many of those were also calling for Oscar's head. See Kev the Rev, for instance. You might get many on NSC on your side for banging on about such things. But is it really the best thing for the club?
We need a goalscoring striker. Hopefully, we've got someone lined up from loan from a PL club, or someone from across in Europe. I like what I see from Colunga. Maybe Baldock, but we need to spend some of that Ulloa money on a replacement.

Think we need more than 1 replacement player wise

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
So no I'm not blaming CMS for playing 4 minutes of football, I am doubtful he'd have done much if he'd played 90 except run around really well and been a really nice guy. I'm saying we don't have anyone who looks like scoring and that might be a bigger priority than changing managers.

I think we would have done better had we have played CMS with Colunga. I agree that we do need an addition up front but I think playing only one up front tonight in what was in theory a one off game showed no ambition at all. We were never likely to score and only looked threatening after the 86th minute when CMS came on to partner Colunga up front. I thought Colunga played well and I would like to see him and CMS start on Saturday, but think Sami will start with Baldock who quite frankly was terrible in the second half last Saturday. In my book we should get rid of Baldock and O'Grady and loan them out to League 1 which is their level and get in a player in the Ulloa mould to mix up with CMS and Colunga.

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
Can't see Bloom sacking Hyypia at all.

Sadly I agree. He must be getting slightly twitchy though. Especially by looking at our current form, dropping attendances and a possible relegation fight. Worst thing of all though, after all his investment into the club, it's a shame that we can't keep together or assemble a squad capable of competing. Early days I know but it's all very underwhelming off the back of two playoff challenges!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Sorry but the team are not playing for Hyypia - it's clear to see.

I was hoping we'd have a real go at Spurs tonight but that was pathetic.
Spot on.
From what I saw in various spells on Saturday it was absolutely crystal clear that some of the players are now not playing for their manager.
I've seen 600 odd matches which by and large means sod all... but I know the difference when it comes to body language.
Tonight was predictable, and so be it if we lose to a Premier League team.
What did cross my mind though when comparing this team to others in the last few years was that Poyet's team would at least have had a good go at it.

Something needs to change.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
_78624401_tottenhambrighton.jpg

?????????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here