Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Iwelumo retired today

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Scored a proper screamer against Chesterfield iirc.

That was about 5 hours after signing for us.

I will remember it forever, as I really thought I was going to land in a different row having jumped so high out of my seat in celebration.

A cracker of a goal indeed.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I was sat right behind him when he went down for the penalty

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
That dive in Cardiff :bowdown:

Dive? Definite penalty. Danny Coles completely takes his trailing leg.

The only thing I've ever wondered about that decision is that Leon Knight turns to call for a penalty when he could've easily headed the ball in. As the ball is cleared by the Brizzle defender, Leon even flinches as it flies past him!

Oct 25, 2003
i liked him a lot when he was with us...exactly what we needed at the time and a good partner for leon (although I think leons best form was when he was alongside darius henderson)

scored a penalty in the shoot out as well

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
i liked him a lot when he was with us...exactly what we needed at the time and a good partner for leon (although I think leons best form was when he was alongside darius henderson)

scored a penalty in the shoot out as well

I was just thinking to myself as I read this thread that I wasn't overly upset when we didn't sign the bloke and that people might be getting a little misty eyed about him due to our current inability to score. Jokingly I thought to myself they'll be championing Darius Henderson next.......:facepalm:

Oct 25, 2003
I was just thinking to myself as I read this thread that I wasn't overly upset when we didn't sign the bloke and that people might be getting a little misty eyed about him due to our current inability to score. Jokingly I thought to myself they'll be championing Darius Henderson next.......:facepalm:

they were both effective for us in league 1....not sure about the championship although both of them have had good seasons at this level

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Only just realised from Wikipedia what an excellent goal tally Iwelumo had in the seasons immediately following his return from Germany. With hindsight, looks a very poor decision to let him just toddle off into the sunset:

2004 → Brighton & Hove Albion (loan) 10 (4)
2004–2005 Alemannia Aachen 9 (0)
2005–2007 Colchester United 92 (35)
2007–2008 Charlton Athletic 46 (10)
2008–2010 Wolverhampton Wanderers 46 (14)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Only just realised from Wikipedia what an excellent goal tally Iwelumo had in the seasons immediately following his return from Germany. With hindsight, looks a very poor decision to let him just toddle off into the sunset:

2004 → Brighton & Hove Albion (loan) 10 (4)
2004–2005 Alemannia Aachen 9 (0)
2005–2007 Colchester United 92 (35)
2007–2008 Charlton Athletic 46 (10)
2008–2010 Wolverhampton Wanderers 46 (14)

It all boiled down to the same thing - money, or lack of it.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
they were both effective for us in league 1....not sure about the championship although both of them have had good seasons at this level

Both of them went on to have half decent careers and looked half decent players. HOWEVER I wasn't overly impressed with either when they were here. Henderson in particular was quite frankly a load of old cock IMO.

Oct 25, 2003
Both of them went on to have half decent careers and looked half decent players. HOWEVER I wasn't overly impressed with either when they were here. Henderson in particular was quite frankly a load of old cock IMO.

i wasn't overly impressed with henderson either (in fact I was actually pleased when chris mcphee took his place), but it's definitely the case that knight played his best football when he was alongside henderson...could be a coincidence as most of his run in the team came under coppell

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here