Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was your best BHA club shop purchase?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Poster of Louise Nurding (Redknapp) in an Albion shirt, no idea how much it cost but it was money well spent :thumbsup:

The Louise poster wasn't a club shop poster, it was an Argus poster, There was also a Jordan one, and a third one featuring some random fat lass in a goalie's jumper. They started off as Argus billboard posters, but after every single one in the area was nicked off the billboards, the Argus had the brainwave of selling them for a quid for the set. Still got the Louise one and the Jordan one up on me boy's bedroom wall. The random fat lass in the goalie's jumper? Seem to have mislaid that one. Photo to follow...

And here we go...

louisejordan3.JPG

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If we are honest it's all a load of overpriced tat to get us, the fans to part with our hard earned in the name of loyal support of the club

At one point during the Withdean years they were actually selling a model nineteen-thirties-style milkfloat/delivery lorry type thing with the modern day crest on :facepalm:

Wish I'd bought one now! :lol:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The Louise poster wasn't a club shop poster, it was an Argus poster.

It was definitely a proper poster which I bought from the club shop, I assume the Argus just advertised it and made use of it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
A copy of "Build a Bonfire".

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It was definitely a proper poster which I bought from the club shop, I assume the Argus just advertised it and made use of it.

Fair enough. Tho mine were bought from Argus HQ up in Hollingbury (was just too late to nick Mr Shah's billboard poster - GAH!)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A bit of tat, but I took it back.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
My brother bought me a horrendous BHA hoodie for Xmas (am I a 40 yo chav you twonk?), which I duly took back and exchanged for a lovely Score Draw 100% cotton S/S '78 replica shirt that still fits me like a kid glove. Superb number :)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It was a long-sleeved top, dark blue with just a seagull logo on the left breast and a zip rather than buttons. Got it about 10 years ago and only just threw it out - it looked classy and decidedly non-tat

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
2010/11 Home a Shirt. Incredible quality. It's only been a few years but hasn't really worn. But when I bought the first Amex shirt (not the spuds commemorative) to be honest the quality was poor. Collar bit frayed as soon as I wore it and sleeve patches peeled back. Nice. Never bought a shirt since, and the Nike one put me off even more!!

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
The things that stand out.

Skint lap tray
Blue striped mug (as seen at the beginning of the withdean years dvd) never been in a dish washer.
Pet bowl used for water so you can still see the club crest.

Most of the time I only buy things that I will use, always found the quality fine.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
The fleece I'm currently wearing from the first year at Gillingham, but now the zips broken and the elbows are wearing thin. Even the embroidered club badge is starting to wear through.

I'm going to replace it with one of these soon.

20140814-202207-7864_420x315_w.jpg

AT LAST, a club fleece that doesn't involve a hood and is work friendly.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
The Louise poster wasn't a club shop poster, it was an Argus poster, There was also a Jordan one, and a third one featuring some random fat lass in a goalie's jumper. They started off as Argus billboard posters, but after every single one in the area was nicked off the billboards, the Argus had the brainwave of selling them for a quid for the set. Still got the Louise one and the Jordan one up on me boy's bedroom wall. The random fat lass in the goalie's jumper? Seem to have mislaid that one...

And here we go...

View attachment 59715

OK I'll do it...

Fair chance they scored in the Albion shirt, unlike most of today's squad :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here