Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tow stop

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Do you all go and pay in a car park if only going into a shop to buy some fags or use an ATM, if so you must be perfect.

One foot in front of the other. Rinse and repeat.

If you live far enough away from an ATM then plan ahead for when you might need cash.

Failing that, get a bus?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You, that are all so right do what you wish,I will pull up outside of a shop/ATM and stay in the car while wife goes to the shop or vice versa until it becomes permissible to stop for a short while, which it will.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
There's a parking free for all in Uckfield despite there being plenty of free parking.

Parking on double yellows, up on kerbs is the norm particularly at peak time when take aways need to be collected. On my walk home from my office this evening, a woman was waiting in her car, parked at an angle, partly on the pavement on the zig-zag lines of a crossing - there was an empty parking bay less than 100 yards further down the road. A couple of weeks ago, I was almost run into by a car whose driver couldn't wait to get to the chip shop to pick up her supper by pavement parking on double yellows. No one gives a toss these days whether they cause an obstruction to the free flow of traffic or the use of pavements by pedestrians and certainly in Uckfield the police don't seem to be interested in enforcing the law.

With the works going on in the town at the moment, eventually all parking is to be removed from the High Street, so my guess is that the situation will only deteriorate in the future.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I bloody hate traffic wardens more then cyclists! They have no consideration for anyone else, I'd rather pay them to sit at home on the dole!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I rarely use my car in town - don't need to. But on the odd occasion when I haven't got time to walk/weather's atrocious/have too much to carry, I've long since refused to pay the ludicrous parking prices for stopping for a couple of minutes. Even if I get a ticket now, I'd be quids in compared to having coughed up every time.

Annoying too that Brighton, unlike many places elsewhere, doesn't seem to allow any parking on a pro rata basis so if you don't have much change you can at least buy a few minutes.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
You, that are all so right do what you wish,I will pull up outside of a shop/ATM and stay in the car while wife goes to the shop or vice versa until it becomes permissible to stop for a short while, which it will.

So, you confess to being an anti-social law breaker who doesn't give a damn and doesn't care about the inconvenience you cause to others. Nice.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Parking illegally for just a couple of minutes is one of the main causes of urban traffic congestion. It's why Red Routes were introduced in London.

A traffic warden told me that they are not allowed to ticket someone who is parked on double yellows until they've been there five minutes. It sounds absolutely crazy, but evidently it's true. He even suggested I do it when I'd unwittingly pulled into what is normally a parking area, but was, at the time a "no parking" zone - resurfacing or something – that is subject to an immediate ticket! So he actually saved me (and cost himself, if he was on commission) some money.

Regardless of that situation I've got no problem with them as a) they are just doing their job and b) I don't park illegally (apart from the situation described above, obviously).

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

you need this pops

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So, you confess to being an anti-social law breaker who doesn't give a damn and doesn't care about the inconvenience you cause to others. Nice.

How have you only just noticed this?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This thing sounds like a "Cashpoint Cripples" charter. If I saw a car parked illegally with one of those on the windscreen, I'd press it without a second thought.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Do you all go and pay in a car park if only going into a shop to buy some fags or use an ATM, if so you must be perfect.

Basically your question is:

Do I park illegally?

No.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here