Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If YOU could chose 2 realistic players to sign..

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Christian Bekamenga.

He's EXACTLY what we need. Proven goalscorer, PHENOMENAL in the air but got lightning pace too.

How he hasn't moved to a bigger club yet is anyone's guess. Make it happen.

Good shout.

Phenomenal goalscoring record, although clearly at a lower level. Doesn't necessarily mean he wouldn't cut it at Championship level though. Looks to be big and strong, good with his back to goal and also good with his head.

Could be exactly the sort of gamble worth taking, if we're struggling to get anyone proven in. If he turned out to be another Vetokele, in terms of goals to shots ratio, then we'd be laughing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For fear of repeating myself is there a striker in Eastern Europe or Spanish, Italian lower leagues that wouldnt cost a fortune. I am sure people with more IT knowledge than me could search it out.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I have every faith that Burke and co will sign a fantastic striker capable of scoring at least 1 goal in 14 games.

Oh, wait a minute.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Depends how much we are going to go for promotion if it is s..t or bust Defoe and Ravel Morrison but wages may be a problem. If mid table is the aim we could go for a couple of untried Pemier U21s like the one at Arsenal Chuba Akpom and Jed Wallace of Portsmouth

Mid table - I'd be happy with mid table at the moment !!
I don't mind a season of mid table mediocrity if it means that we have all systems go for next season - at present we appear to be sleep walking into League 1 though

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
2 players wouldn't sort out the shambles of this formation we play with.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
i don't for a split second believe that there isn't a big striker available. Seeing us line up with 3 midgets up front on saturday really made me really question what on earth the club is doing. It seems so blindingly obvious what we need and yet we splashed out on Baldock instead. Signing Baldock would have been fine IF we also signed a big striker to play alongside him....I honestly can't see the logic behind this unless Sami insisted that he didn't want a big striker....well if he didn't want a big striker why did we spend 90 minutes pumping balls up to our strikers on saturday (don't think they won a single header all game)?!

it's just madness...and as Tony Meolas Loan Spell said earlier in the thread, big target men HAVE been available. Plenty of them would have contributed, say, 10 goals this season and would have also freed up Baldock/Colunga to do what they should be doing (being foxes in the boxes) rather than competing with defenders for headers who are bigger and stronger than them or pissing about on the wings

in this division a big striker is an absolute necessity. They don't have to be a goal machine but they HAVE to be big. It seems like every team has one apart from us

When we signed Baldock I was CERTAIN it was because CMS was off. It was the only logical reason for him being brought in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here