Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone have a genuine complaint...

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
The squad may not be up to the task of getting us into the play offs; this to a large extent is out of Hyypia's control. What does seem concerning to me are the noises and disquiet's coming from the players in interviews and social media. Going back to Gus's early tenure as manager, there was a time when people were calling for his head, as result weren't going our way; but you always felt and heard that the squad believed in what they were doing and aiming for. I don't get this impression this time round.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
the squad may not be up to the task of getting us into the play offs; this to a large extent is out of hyypia's control. What does seem concerning to me are the noises and disquiet's coming from the players in interviews and social media. Going back to gus's early tenure as manager, there was a time when people were calling for his head, as result weren't going our way; but you always felt and heard that the squad believed in what they were doing and aiming for. I don't get this impression this time round.

this!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
He openly said he took this job as the only thing going, he SHRUGS during interviews. He doesn't seem to care his formation isn't working.

I'm not one for a good old English screamer as the answer to the foreign football menace but given the symptoms sami displays I'm concerned he simply doesn't want to be here enough to make a real go of it. If im wrong I will be the first in line to apologise. But at the moment there looks like a man who is simply bit interested enough.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
He openly said he took this job as the only thing going, he SHRUGS during interviews. He doesn't seem to care his formation isn't working.

I'm not one for a good old English screamer as the answer to the foreign football menace but given the symptoms sami displays I'm concerned he simply doesn't want to be here enough to make a real go of it. If im wrong I will be the first in line to apologise. But at the moment there looks like a man who is simply bit interested enough.

I'm not Sami's biggest fan as a tactician but, whatever else, he is NOT a quitter. Look at his performances when he was playing. No. I don't buy the "he doesn't care enough" jibe as a fair reflection on him as an individual.

I think he knows his managerial career is in the shitter if he screws up at Leverkuesen in the Bundesliga and then does the same in the English Championhip with us. I doubt VERY much that he is just not bothered. We've had a very demonstative Poyet, the the most dour miserable Spaniard in the world with Garcia and now we have a Scandinavian mizzog. It must be very confusing for players like Calde who have experienced all 3!

Finns are not demonstrative people but they don't roll over easily...ask the Russians about that.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Sammi IMO is assistant coach level,if (and i don't know!) he does not motivate , raise confidence and bring out the best from his players.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
...that doesn't boil down to "Boo hoo - we're not winning as many games as I've become accustomed to"?

I'm not sure I've read much, if anything at all, that people would be moaning about if 3 or 4 of the draws had been wins.

Anyone? Honestly?
I think you're being slightly disingenuous. Given the price of the product and the club's stated desire to be in the prem (as we will always lose money in the Championship apparently) moaning about results (or as Paul Barber would say "Customers giving negative feedback about their purchases") is perfectly valid. It's much the same as complaining about bad albums from bands you like, poor jokes from comedians you like or crap episodes of TV programmes you like: most of the moaning is 'more in sorrow than in anger', but it's no less justified for all that. Indeed given that football is such a market-driven customer-focussed industry these days (apparently) the amount of complaining is incredibly low.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm not Sami's biggest fan as a tactician but, whatever else, he is NOT a quitter. Look at his performances when he was playing. No. I don't buy the "he doesn't care enough" jibe as a fair reflection on him as an individual.

I think he knows his managerial career is in the shitter if he screws up at Leverkuesen in the Bundesliga and then does the same in the English Championhip with us. I doubt VERY much that he is just not bothered. We've had a very demonstative Poyet, the the most dour miserable Spaniard in the world with Garcia and now we have a Scandinavian mizzog. It must be very confusing for players like Calde who have experienced all 3!

Finns are not demonstrative people but they don't roll over easily...ask the Russians about that.

Geez at last one decent post (imho) on this thread ...i note no one has given Bozza thumbs down and yet ernest over ten thumbs up ....wonder why

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Geez at last one decent post (imho) on this thread ...i note no one has given Bozza thumbs down and yet ernest over ten thumbs up ....wonder why

It shouldn't come down to thumbs up or not (I had 19 for my post by the way :)). We are all fans, largely wanting the same thing. There are no sides, we are on the same side, just different perspectives.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It would be nice if we could play some genuinely quick, attacking football….we haven't done that for some time. Sami is doing no worse on that score than Oscar. But our relatively cautious football over the past 18 months or so is something I would be inclined to complain about….

Cautious? We're playing with 2 at the back most of the time. I think (especially whilst it doesn't look like we have a prolific striker) we'd do well to go back to being cautious. Especially seeing as we appear to have the knack of scoring from corners.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Not only did we not replace our £7m striker with anyone who can score goals; we also let go two midfielders (Orlandi and Spanish Dave) and have failed to sign suitable replacements for them. Never thought I'd be saying it, but either of them would walk into this team right now.

Rose-tinted spectacles or what?

Lopez was awful for most of last year. Orlandi was injured for most of last year. The club were right to release both of them, if fit, neither would be in the first team at present.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It shouldn't come down to thumbs up or not (I had 19 for my post by the way :)). We are all fans, largely wanting the same thing. There are no sides, we are on the same side, just different perspectives.

Oh u r right ..it was merely an observation and ironic I thought ..in the grand scheme of things of little consequence. The important stuff seems to have been debated to death ..think I'll stick to more trivial matters until something fresh comes up

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Sammi IMO is assistant coach level,if (and i don't know!) he does not motivate , raise confidence and bring out the best from his players.

surely the motivation is playing professional football and the money they earn and the ground they play at, some people would give their right arm to play where they are for that money.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
...that doesn't boil down to "Boo hoo - we're not winning as many games as I've become accustomed to"?

I'm not sure I've read much, if anything at all, that people would be moaning about if 3 or 4 of the draws had been wins.

Anyone? Honestly?

Think you've got your answer in spades!

PS I notice the mods still haven't actioned my request on the 'Bedwetters Gone Quiet' thread (#206)...........!

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Bozza wants foot flow on NSC, it may not be what he actually thinks
himself

Thanks for that and apologies to Bozza. I've been following the club for 45 years and get a bit heated when all is not well. Spoke to a neighbour today whose seven year old grandson was in full Albion kit and went to his first Albion game on Saturday. Puts it in perspective a bit tbh...

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Apart from what's on show on the pitch I do have 2 complaints...

1.. I'm struggling to understand anything the female stadium announcer is saying.

2.. Why do we no longer get any updates on players injuries? It's not as if it's going to affect how much I spend at the club and have an impact on FFP I just want to know how things are going and a rough estimate of when we might have players back in the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here