Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

half and half scarves

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I've already got a half and half Spurs BHA scarf, official club one, from opening the Amex. Bought for my dear beloved late father in law who's passed away since. He used to follow Spurs 60s-80s but from the 00s he followed BHA because of me and came to Withdean and the Amex many times. And he sat in away end at WHL with me a few seasons back. In fact my last day out with him the month before he died was a tour of the Amex. He loved it and commented what an incredible place it was. I'll wear it with pride in his memory on Wed and couldn't give two hoots what anyone else things. None of their business. Don't judge every book by its cover as they say.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've already got a half and half Spurs BHA scarf, official club one, from opening the Amex. Bought for my dear beloved late father in law who's passed away since. He used to follow Spurs 60s-80s but from the 00s he followed BHA because of me and came to Withdean and the Amex many times. And he sat in away end at WHL with me a few seasons back. In fact my last day out with him the month before he died was a tour of the Amex. He loved it and commented what an incredible place it was. I'll wear it with pride in his memory on Wed and couldn't give two hoots what anyone else things. None of their business. Don't judge every book by its cover as they say.

I despise half & half scarves. But that game is one for which- whilst I still wouldn't buy one myself- I can understand why other people would, and I wouldn't judge them for it. It was a special game that represented a lot, and I can easily see why people might want a souvenir of the occasion

Other than that, I think the only time they're acceptable is if you're the supporter of a tiny non-league club that miraculously gets through to the third round of the cup and gets drawn against someone like Man United or Arsenal. Tragically, you now see the parasites who sell them pitching up outside pretty much every Premier League ground for routine games between dull, mediocre PL sides (yes, for League games, not even one-off cup matches). They sell crap scarves with generic club names on (like "City", "Stoke" and "Eagles") because they don't want to get sued by the image rights lawyers of the clubs, and which have badges on with only vague resemblance to the actual club crest (for the same reason).

If I'm going to spank my cash on some crappy Albion merchandise, I'd rather the club benefited from me buying their crappy Albion merchandise, and not some opportunistic Cockney wide-boy who's ordered a job lot of utter shite in the hope of making a quick profit out of passing Albion fans.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
I am with the majority in that, on the whole, i think they are an abomination. There will be plenty about on Wed, you are likely to see a few Spurs 'fans' in them as well.
Those that are into that type of thing should stick to the commemorative match badges (£3?). At least you can start a collection!

Dec 3, 2012
I can only imagine that these half and half scarves are bought by half and half fans. By that I mean they "kind of" follow Brighton but they "kind of" follow a Prem team as well. Unfortunately there seems to be a lot of this about now.

We live in Uckfield, my son is 15 and most of his mates follow Brighton and Arsenal/Chelsea. I suppose you can blame the Withdean years for that.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
I can only imagine that these half and half scarves are bought by half and half fans. By that I mean they "kind of" follow Brighton but they "kind of" follow a Prem team as well. Unfortunately there seems to be a lot of this about now.

We live in Uckfield, my son is 15 and most of his mates follow Brighton and Arsenal/Chelsea. I suppose you can blame the Withdean years for that.

A mate of mine lives in Crowborough. His son 'supports' Chelsea & has an ST at the Amex.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I despise half & half scarves. But that game is one for which- whilst I still wouldn't buy one myself- I can understand why other people would, and I wouldn't judge them for it. It was a special game that represented a lot, and I can easily see why people might want a souvenir of the occasion

Other than that, I think the only time they're acceptable is if you're the supporter of a tiny non-league club that miraculously gets through to the third round of the cup and gets drawn against someone like Man United or Arsenal. Tragically, you now see the parasites who sell them pitching up outside pretty much every Premier League ground for routine games between dull, mediocre PL sides (yes, for League games, not even one-off cup matches). They sell crap scarves with generic club names on (like "City", "Stoke" and "Eagles") because they don't want to get sued by the image rights lawyers of the clubs, and which have badges on with only vague resemblance to the actual club crest (for the same reason).

If I'm going to spank my cash on some crappy Albion merchandise, I'd rather the club benefited from me buying their crappy Albion merchandise, and not some opportunistic Cockney wide-boy who's ordered a job lot of utter shite in the hope of making a quick profit out of passing Albion fans.

This! Remember those Stoke/Brighton half/half scarves at the Britannia!

The only time I will get one is if we ever got into European competition proper and there was a Brighton/Skonto Riga *insert random European side here* scarf.

N17

Jun 21, 2011

The only time I will get one is if we ever got into European competition proper and there was a Brighton/Skonto Riga *insert random European side here* scarf.

In the spirit of honesty i will admit to having 2. Inter/THFC from the Bale 4-3 game - cheap & nasty unofficial one from a stall outside the San Siro & an official THFC/AC one that i was given by the club as part of corporate hospiality.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Don't have or want one but really don't understand people passionately against them

Becuase half the scarf has another teams name on it. Why would anyone want to buy one unless they support both teams and I certainly don’t understand why anyone would want to support more than one team. Enough heartbreak supporting just one.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

I think if we got to a cup final and it had the date on it and all that shite then it would be worth it as a souvenir. Why there were Man Utd fans with half and half Chelsea scarves on yesterday though I will never understand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here