Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is someone out to GET Harty

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
You should report the stewards for not doing their job. If they can't deal with it - then they have an escalation procedure I assume.

This is the key thing for me. Whomever was dishing out the abuse should have been ejected by the stewards the moment it became clear he wasn't going to heed their warnings and it was starting to escalate.

Won't somebody please think of the children?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well when you finally get round to that invitation of having me and Bushfire sit with you, you'll hear some proper swearing you big drama queen.

Excuse the interruption: but is that the same guy who was famously the mascot for a game at the Goldstone once, aged [insert respectable middle age here]? :)

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but yesterday there was some very odd behaviour where I was sitting at the Amex.

Ian Hart had kindly invited me as his guest for the East Stand 1901 area, along with a former Albion player and his young daughter. Prior to the match everything was fine, and Ian was expressing some of his concerns to me about the Albion. Ian and I don't share the same views on a few topics, but it's always useful to debate issues face to face rather than over the somewhat entrenched battlegrounds of the internet.

Ian gave me his seat, and said that it was quite a relaxed area to watch the match, but language and behaviour that is common perhaps in the North stand or at an away game wasn't encouraged in the 1901. Whilst I enjoy a good swear up, (because, as we know, sometimes a referee or opponent is a ****ing wanker), I took this on board and did my best to keep it reasonably clean.

Harty also said that the seating behind us was always empty. However, for this match, directly behind us, were two blokes and what appeared to be the girlfriend of one of them.

One of these men, sitting directly behind me, proceeded to swear every other word. Personally it doesn't bother me, for reasons mentioned above. However, he wasn't swearing at the dismal performance taking place in front of us, but just a non stop cascade of four letter words, which was tiresome and also embarrassing, as there was a 13 year old girl sitting next to me. He didn't seem to be interested in the play at all, just trying to get a reaction by copious use of F,C,B and W Anglo-Saxon diction. The ex-player asked the guy behind us to stop, because it was upsetting his daughter, and two stewards, both within earshot, both made a token effort to quieten things down, but to no avail.

I then also asked this bloke to tone it down a bit, pointing out that it wasn't the place for such a trail of abuse, especially with a young girl in the vicinity. He then decided to have a go at me for the rest of the match. The player's daughter was so upset she left the seats, and the language continued, directed at myself, almost as if he was trying to provoke a confrontation with me, who, let it be remembered, was sitting in Harty's seat. The stewards continued to pay lip service to what was taking place.

He then left with 10 minutes to go, so I assumed that he was one of the many who was escaping the tedium early, but when we returned to the 1901 lounge at full time he was watching Harty's party carefully.

I then went down to the North stand concourse to meet some friends, and oddly enough, he was watching me there too. When I popped into the bogs for a quick waz he followed me in, but upon seeing there were other fans there, left quickly without bothering to have a slash.

The above things could be coincidental of course, but it does seem a bit odd that, after Harty's recent broadside at the club, someone sits directly behind Harty's seat and does his best to create an incident with the person occupying Harty's seat, which had it gone toe to toe, would have potentially have led to an eviction, potential ban and bad publicity for IH.

Yours from the grassy knoll.

EP

If your A bit wound up then you are going to be sensitive to Possible coincidences, as will he. Like going to the loos. He may have though of having a leak before he left only to see that "queer looking ****" eyeballing him in the loos so left.

Your only grounds for grievence imo are the stewards not doing their jobs and you should report this, especially if one of "Barber's goons" had been given a warning.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
My money is on heavies from the club trying to intimidate Harty into stopping his hate crusade in the Herald by sitting behind his (empty) seat and swearing. Mind you...I expect there was a lot of swearing at the AMEX on Sarurday.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My money is on heavies from the club trying to intimidate Harty into stopping his hate crusade in the Herald by sitting behind his (empty) seat and swearing. Mind you...I expect there was a lot of swearing at the AMEX on Sarurday.

People frequently slate the Argus on here for its parochial, small-time, local-paper mentality and plummeting circulation. Whilst, regrettably, I must confess that I've yet to have the pleasure of reading the Worthing Herald in my lifetime, I would assume that its readership is considerably smaller still, and mostly consists of those seeking photos of prize-winning marrows, and the local crown green bowling results. Is it sufficiently influential, could somebody please tell me, to have the Albion scrambling to discredit its contributors?

The Club can't even get its professional footballers properly positioned to get a result. The idea that there might be a bunch of "heavies" on the payroll who can achieve an outcome like this is, quite frankly, absurd.

:)

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
People frequently slate the Argus on here for its parochial, small-time, local-paper mentality and plummeting circulation. Whilst, regrettably, I must confess that I've yet to have the pleasure of reading the Worthing Herald in my lifetime, I would assume that its readership is considerably smaller still, and mostly consists of those seeking photos of prize-winning marrows, and the local crown green bowling results. Is it sufficiently influential, could somebody please tell me, to have the Albion scrambling to discredit its contributors?

Yikes.

My reports for both the Middlesboro and Rotherham matches were pretty scathing, and the readership is probably about 10x that of the Herald.

I'd better watch my back :eek:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The Club can't even get its professional footballers properly positioned to get a result. The idea that there might be a bunch of "heavies" on the payroll who can achieve an outcome like this is, quite frankly, absurd.

:)

Oh I don't know,LB. I can think of at least one heavy on the payroll, and he's got plenty of free time on his hands.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
This has to be one of the saddest threads I have ever read on here, not for how low we have come but for how low otherwise sensible adults THINK we have come. :nono:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here