Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The QUESTION that MUST be ASKED is it time for BARBER to go ?

Time for Barber to GO ?

• Barber IN

Votes: 56 57.7%
  • Barber OUT

Votes: 41 42.3%

• Total voters

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Never been a fan of Barber and all of his spin.
Fright Nights , Spanish Days , Clackers , Premier League Ready , one club one ambition , Be Bold , leaflets thanking away supporters for traveling x amount of miles.
He is far too Corporate for me.

I think that Commercial is the word you mean. However, that's his remit: to increase numbers coming to the Amex and what they spend while they are there, and to increase other commercial revenues such as sponsorship. Obviously, the team playing exciting football and winning makes his job far easier, so I imagine he's as frustrated with the way things have gone so far as anyone.

Last edited:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I think Paul Barber is a huge asset to our club.

I also like the way he always fronts up.

When Mrs Tory Boy e-mailed him late one evening a year or so ago he got back within minutes, I very much doubt many others in his position would be so responsive.

I like the fella, never met him, but I like him.

TB

I'll probably never say this again......but I entirely agree with you.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Personally, I don't blame PB for any of the crap. He was brought in to run the club on a day to day basis and strategically. To raise income, reduce costs, and deal with the unsustainable (and soon to be at the prohibited at the time) losses. No doubt also to stand up to the relentless financial demands and politicking through the media of rent a quote GP. He's worked tirelessly on all of that, and has taken it on the chin being the punchbag for all complaints including areas he really doesn't control.

TB alone decides by how much he is prepared to subsidise the losses each year, and he entrusts the finding and recruitment of players to Burke and his team. TB would have final say before a £2m cheque is written for Baldock. These are the areas where the club has declined, squad quality and player recruitment, and hopefully TB with his business acumen and love of the Albion is assessing the performance of Burke and his team.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Paul has a difficult job often needing to make unpopular decisions on behalf of the club. A bit like the much maligned Traffic Attendants, we don't like them but we'd be in the doo doos without them. Give the guy a break. :)

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I think the three B's are arrogant and patronising. Bloom can be that though for what he has done for the club. They should have massaged Poyet's ego for a start and we might have ended up PL. can't help feeling Ffp will all come to nothing and then where will that leave Barber and his programme notes.

D

Deleted member 2719

If Barber has anything at all to do with the WSU chips, then we should half cook him dry him up and put him in a polystyrene burger box and bin him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here