Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
blackie-251014-l229-2040191_478x359.jpg

Jay Blackie
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
08:00 26th October 2014
by James Hilsum
It’s going to be a really big test; they’ve had some really good results and they were one of the last teams to remain unbeaten."
Jay Blackie

Brighton & Hove Albion women captain Jay Blackie is looking forward to taking on a much-changed Tottenham Hotspur side on Sunday.

Tomorrow's match will be the first league game in three weeks for James Marrs’s side, following matches in the Sussex Challenge Cup and the Premier League Cup, and the Albion skipper is anticipating a tough encounter.She told seagulls.co.uk, “It’s going to be a really big test; they’ve had some really good results and they were one of the last teams to remain unbeaten.
“I looked at their team photo last week and there is half a team that I don’t know. They’ve got Toni-Anne Wayne who was here last season and is a very good goalkeeper.
“Last season we played them three times at Gillingham and had some very good high-scoring games. I think we scored just under 20 goals against them and conceded three, but they are a completely changed side and I think they’re going to be strong.
“We spoke after the last league game against Charlton [Albion lost 4-1] about letting ourselves down physically. By not playing a league game, you could say that we haven’t been able to get that result out of our system, but we then had a very good performance against Derby and had some good feedback from the game at Wivelsfield last week. We’re ready for the game.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The match against Spurs will end a marathon run of eight consecutive away games and Blackie admits that it will come as a relief to head back to Culver Road next weekend, when the Seagulls host Charlton.“Playing at Lancing will be like playing at a new ground that we’ve never been to before!
“I looked at the fixtures and after Sunday we have three home games on the bounce, which is a blessing in disguise. Travelling really takes it out of you, as you often get back late on a Sunday and then have to get up early for work on Monday.
“It will be nice to finish a game early and not have to travel for a while.”
[h=3]ALBION V WIGAN
[/h]TUESDAY 4TH November, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V blackburn
[/h]saturday 8th november, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v fulham
[/h]SATURDAY 29TH NOVEMber, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here