• Fence

Votes: 14 7.0%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Get a decent experienced manager in or Gus back and let the manager chose his players. It just isn't working.

Burke hasn't signed a good player for a very long time. And those were previosuly heavily influenced or selected by Gus who could really spot a player.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No problem with the bloke, has to work within a remit given to him by above and puts the available players in front of the manager to chose from.
Not his fault the manager can't organise a team and looks clueless.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No problem with the bloke, has to work within a remit given to him by above and puts the available players in front of the manager to chose from.
Not his fault the manager can't organise a team and looks clueless.

So you're happy with the players he has bought in the summer? You think they are good buys?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not sure, if you sell a Merc for £10k and are then given £50 to buy a car what do you expect to get to replace it. Or if you had a fleet of 4 Mercs total value £30k and was given £1k to replace them you would struggle.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
So you're happy with the players he has bought in the summer? You think they are good buys?

Not all, but no club can say they have a 100% success rate in players. He has helped bring in Premier league, la liga and Dutch top flight experience who I can't believe are as bad as they are playing.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Personally i think Burke should oversee the running of the academy which is clearly a full time job.

He should facilitate the manager and the scouts meeting /liaising in order that the MANAGER can pick the players he wants. Burke or the club secretary can handle the contract side of things. He should not identify and sign the players he THINKS will be good for the manager.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We have bought some absolute shockers and it is NOTHING to do with budget. 500K on COG? FFS! 50k would have been an overspend. Did anyone actually watch him? What did we pay for Baldock when we already had identical players in Colunga and CMS? Who got Gary "half arsed" Gardner in on loan? And, most worryingly who was responsible for Obika, Rodriguez, Toko, Dobbie and Agustien.

When you have a low budget it is REALLY important you spend it wisely. We haven't.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Not all, but no club can say they have a 100% success rate in players. He has helped bring in Premier league, la liga and Dutch top flight experience who I can't believe are as bad as they are playing.

I bet he can't either!!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I'm on the fence, mainly (as with most of the people who voted him out) because I've no idea what control or what budget he has. The signings haven't done great so far but if we had a striker who could score and played to the strengths of our team, I think we could do well with this team. However, we didn't get that striker and whether that's down to budget or Burke, none of us know.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
We have bought some absolute shockers and it is NOTHING to do with budget. 500K on COG? FFS! 50k would have been an overspend. Did anyone actually watch him? What did we pay for Baldock when we already had identical players in Colunga and CMS? Who got Gary "half arsed" Gardner in on loan? And, most worryingly who was responsible for Obika, Rodriguez, Toko, Dobbie and Agustien.

When you have a low budget it is REALLY important you spend it wisely. We haven't.

Absolutely.

If many of these posters new exactly just what kind of money some of our players earnt, I think the budget argument would quickly disappear, especially for the likes of Agustein and Dobbie.

Heck, even those who could be deemed 'successful' weren't exactly cheap. Buckley and Ulloa are probably the only 2 really, and both cost big money for their positions at this level. Bridcutt wasn't a Burke signing, neither was Barnes.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Personally i think Burke should oversee the running of the academy which is clearly a full time job.

The guy that does that full time job is doing fine as far as I can see.
Burke is failing in his role in recruiting players that can improve our squad. He is surplus to requirements in his current role IMO!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here