Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings v Rotherham (Home)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Stockdale 7 Thanks for being on your game today
Calderon 4 Played out of position by a clueless manager. So sad to see a good player asked to do something he just isn't meant to do.
Greer 10 On a single crusade to get rid of his manager
Dunk 6 Looked good but caught out a few times
Bennett 4 Runs in to people instead of around them why?
Ince 7 Played far too well, that's no way to cement your place son
Gardner 3 Shoots like a pubescent lad having a wet dream, uncontrolled. Other than that crap.
JFC 4 One of his better games but that doesn't take a lot
Colunga 4 Hasn't done one single thing that shows his ability or maybe it has, who knows.
Baldrick 0 Cunning plan absent
O'Grady 1 Like a jagged rock no one knows how the ball will come off him.

Paddy 5 Dum diddy dum did dum dum diddy dum "Oi that's me whiskey" dum diddy dum dumdy did."Arse"
Tex 3 So lightweight amazes me how he manages to use gravity to stay on the earth.

Hyypia 0 He's got two of them in his name so y? Just Y? Clueless.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Stockdale: 8. Kept us in the game. Whilst his distribution could have been better, as long as he stops things going in (no chance with the goal) then that's enough.
Calderon: 6.5. Always a willing runner but was left exposed when he pushed up - our system is great for younger, quicker players but he always gives 100%
Greer: 4. Very poor game by his high standards. I'd expect better from him, but i'd rather he have a bad game now than against higher calibre opposition
Dunk: 6.5. Helped to mop up Greer's mistakes and nearly popped up with the winner. Had heart and desire but not enough for 11 men.
Bennett: 6. Good effort with his head that was saved and nearly fluffed his lines when scoring, but not a bad performance. Would have liked him to clatter Taylor though, the little goblin.
Gardner: 4. Anonymous without the ball, poor with it. Had a few good passes in him, but his shooting was woeful today.
JFC: 6. Did ok, but I think his performance was overshadowed by the poor team performance. Better in the first half.
Ince: 7. Some good clearing headers and always looked to receive the ball...like a not-quite-as-good Bridcutt.
Colunga: 6. Wasn't sure if the misplaced passes were because he was poor, or the team weren't on the same wavelength as him. Tried to make things happen, but didn't quite have the guile. Liked seeing him run at the wing back.
Baldock: 6. Not a bad performance, just a frustrating one - he's not a winger so playing him in the channels was never going to work. Full of funning and willing and had the ball been quicker/had he held his run he would have been onside and through 1 on 1 with the keeper. Unlucky.
O'Grady: 4. Poor first touch today - hoped he would impose himself on the backline, but he struggled as the lone man. Poor display today. He's slow, too.

Tex: 5. Didn't have much time to impact the game, but when he had the ball he tried to weave his magic, even if he does have a habit of not releasing the ball early enough.
McCourt: 6. Scared the Rotherham defence when he had the ball and his jinking runs reminded me of a homeless Vicente. Should have had an assist to his name.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Appreciate that it's all down to opinions but I'd be interested in your thinking behind marking Colunga so low? I thought it was one of his better games today and I would have given him a 7.

Stockdale was our best player today and Gardener the poorest.

Agree with Stockdale as MOM.

Colunga? If I was going to revisit my ratings I would maybe give him another rating (5) on reflection. But I didn't see him doing anything productive to warrant higher than that.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Stockdale 9 - MOM would have lost by three or four if not for him today

Calde 5- as a winger to slow should be playing as a defender

Greer 5 - As we mostly play two at the back and Rotherham played two up front it was one on one but then Rotherham put three up front is that allowed in the rules anyway Ince had to drop in which pushed Greer out wide right and that is not his best position

Dunk 5.5 Difficult game but almost won the game at the end

Bennett 5 – As left winger he has not ability to beat his man take the ball to the by line and cross should be playing as a defender

Ince 6.5- Did quite well still think he like Bambi on steriods but was our best outfield player today

Gardner 4 -had a poor game blazed two really good chances

JFC 6- second best outfield player today

Colunga 5.5- did ok some nice touches but not sure what position he was playing is he a winger centre midfielder or centre forward I suspect he is also wondering the same questions

Baldock 5.5 would like to see him played as a centre forward and not as a right hand side midfielder spent most of his time in our half of the pitch

O’Grady 5.5- stood and looked in wonder at the ball Paddy played!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paddy 5.5- to little to late

Tex 5 - Far to little even later

Managment 4- where is the passion?

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Stockdale 8 MOTM Saved the day.... numerous times
Calde 5 Not a winger. Getting old.
Greer 4 Shocker, which is a shame as he's played well this season.
Dunk 6 Tough day for him and Gordon as the tactics put them under a great deal of pressure.
Bennett 6 Did ok, but he isn't a winger either.
Ince 6 Not his best, but we've missed him. As with Dunk and Greer the tactics put him under a lot of pressure.
Gardner 5 Nearly a good player.....
JFC 7 If we're not careful he'll be going to a better team.
Colunga 6 Runs fast, tries hard.
Baldock 6 Runs fast, tries hard.
COG 4 How the hell he scored 15 last season is beyond me.

Paddy 6

Tex 5

Best player on the pitch today was Pringle. He was everywhere and he looks like a throwback to the 80s.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stockdale - 8
Calderon - 7
Greer - 5
Dunk - 6
Bennett - 7
Ince - 7
Gardner - 4
JFC - 7
Colunga - 6
Baldock - 6
COG -6

McCourt - 6
Teixeir - N/A

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
COG 4 How the hell he scored 15 last season is beyond me.

Surely this is another sad indictment on Sami and our tactics. He must have had a fair amount of chances to score 15 goals last season. The only players who are getting chances from open play in our current system are the full backs. The centre halves are the only ones who profit from corners. I bet Dunk has had as many attempts on goal as several of our strikers combined. :facepalm:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Just found some interesting stats. Shots by us this season:

KLL 31 shots/8 on target
Gardener 19/2
CMS 18/3
C'OG 18/5
Dunk 17/10
Holla 17/4
JFC 17/2
Bennett 16/6
Tex 14/3
Crofts 13/4
Collunga 12/3
baldock 12/2
Bruno 11/2
Greer 8/3

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Whoscored.com

I should warn you that you might get lost for days

Other interesting stuff on there - we are second for passing accuracy and shots per game in the division but have only scored 13 goals. More than half (7) from set pieces. So just 6 goals from open play this season

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Other interesting stuff on there - we are second for passing accuracy and shots per game in the division but have only scored 13 goals. More than half (7) from set pieces. So just 6 goals from open play this season

Is it any wonder when JfC alone completes 40 6yard sideways passes per match?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Stockdale 8 – Kept us in the game. He didn't look great, but much much better than he has done so far, and I hope this is the turning point for furture great performances.

Calde 6 – Just can't play that wing back position. A bit slow now and was therefore struggling in attack and was hardly able to get back to defend. He has great ability still but not they way he was told to play - an example of playing a player out of position to get the worst from him.

Greer 3 – Very bad day at the office - hopefully a one off. No idea why Hughes didn't come on to replace him and save us all further pain.

Dunk 7 – Did well at the back, did well at set pieces. Gave away too many free kicks.

Bennett 5 – just doesn't look anywhere near as good as Ward or Bridge - did OK but not a great full back and certainly not a great winger. How he messed up the goal and got a second chance I will never know

Ince 6 – Really has gone backwards this season, but he looked like he did care which is better than most. Needs to time his tackles better and get more composure on the ball again. I guess he is a victim of the tactics too.

Gardner 3 – I have never seen him give a good performance. Why he gets picked is beyond me. This was one of his better days hence the 3.

JFC 6 – Whilst not outstanding he didn't do much wrong either and ina system that has no structure or tactics what else could he do than try - he did that. Another example of decent player being ruined by the manager.

Colunga 7 – Probably as good as I have seen him, but cant ever see him getting a goal. Also struggled from a formation that was impossible. Think he could do much better if we had tactics and a decent manager.

Baldock 5 – Has he been told to never be in the penalty area under fear of death? It was a poor display because he was never where he should have been. That said he tried hard and I blame the manager more than him for his poor performance.

O’Grady 6 – First half I though he was decent. Held the ball up well. Linked play well, decent touch generally. Couldn't score on a regular basis as far as I can see, but did bring something and if he and Baldock had been close together as a proper front two it could have worked out. Second half may as ell have gone for a beer - hardly touched it and was unused.

Subs

Mccourt 5 Holds and plays the ball well but did nothing to change the game. This may not be his fault - SH probably to blame from the headless chicken clueless formation.

Tex 3 Did nothing except give the ball away. A great talent being ruined by a bad manager.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Stockdale - 8
Calderon - 7
Greer - 4
Dunk - 6
Bennett - 6
Ince - 7
Gardner - 3
JFC - 6
Colunga - 3
Baldock - 3
COG -1

McCourt - 6
Teixeir - N/A

All strikers marked low as they seem totally incapable of doing what they are paid for scoring goals. Paddys cross across the box was begging one of them to touch it home yet not one of them had the initiative to make the run

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
There were a couple of other post-Rotherham threads some of us posted on - don't think they got merged

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stockdale - 8.5

Calderon - 6

Greer - 5

Dunk - 6.5

Bennett - 7

Ince - 6.5

Gardner - 4.5

JFC - 8

Colunga - 7

Baldock - 6.5

COG - 5.5

McCourt - 6

Teixeira - 5

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Stockdale 8
Calde 4
Greer 2
Dunk 6
Bennett 6
Ince 6
Gardner 5
Colunga 5
Baldock 5
O’Grady 3

JFC?

There were a couple of other post-Rotherham threads some of us posted on - don't think they got merged

Yeah, I saw one other, I did report the threads to get them merged (as instructed to do on a prior occasion), but no action taken yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here