Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guess the 'real' crowd?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I would be amazed if it was above 20k. Sitting in the WSL it looked bad. What did the West Stand look like from the other side of the pitch?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I would be amazed if it was above 20k. Sitting in the WSL it looked bad. What did the West Stand look like from the other side of the pitch?

I'd say over half, but less than two thirds.

Jan 30, 2008
Rubbish
The crowd was low because we're near the bottom,we don't score often,the football gets worse and it's expensive compared to the rest of the championship.If we signed half decent players and were mid table we'd been similar to last season.

Nothing to do with novelty and your so called plastics...These plastics you slate and presume are chelsea etc pay £500/600 for a St.
Maybe they can afford not to turn up, all getting muggy if you ask me
regards
DD

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Rubbish
The crowd was low because we're near the bottom,we don't score often,the football gets worse and it's expensive compared to the rest of the championship.If we signed half decent players and were mid table we'd been similar to last season.

Nothing to do with novelty and your so called plastics...These plastics you slate and presume are chelsea etc pay £500/600 for a St.

So all the reasons i have given then and if you believe that there aren't a good few "the Albions our second team after Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd etc" then you Sir are severley mis guided - Unfortunately £500 - £600 is not alot of monry to many people especially London based workers living in Brighton especially ifthey shelled out a few months ago so cash has gone why worry about it now when the footballs dropped off and they only bought the tickets hoping for some good football and a crack at the PL but now thats gone this season so have they. You mark my words next season if we stay up we'll only shift circa 17=18K st if we go down probably around 14k.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I sit in the east so couldn't see how empty that was but the 1901 was literally half empty and I would say the west was 15-20% empty. Lots of empty seats in north too. Weirdly the atmosphere int
The first half was good.
Less so in the second.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There are large clusters of empty seats in the East and North stands so does it look the same in the West Stand ?

Another good measure of the crowd size is train queues which are hardly happening now days post match.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I sit in the east so couldn't see how empty that was but the 1901 was literally half empty and I would say the west was 15-20% empty. Lots of empty seats in north too. Weirdly the atmosphere int
The first half was good.
Less so in the second.

The atmosphere is generally created by the few rather than the majority and that can apply to 90% of all league grounds - The issue with the large gates is the atmosphere creators get dilluted which also shows why when at away games the 1000 or so seem to make a lot more noise e.g I was in a corporate box at Huddersfield Tuesday opposire end to the Albion fans but they still made a good fist of it noise wise consideringthere were only 300 of them.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Let's all play a new game called guess the real crowd.

My opening punt is 18k tops!!!

Seemed to solve all the catering issues though. Only had to queue for 30 seconds for a beer 10 mins to kick off!! We've certainly sorted our customer service issues!
Solve the catering issues my arse, NO balti pie and NO special bitter in WSU at 14.15! Pah!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The block we sit in wsl is almost sold out with sth and was a third full. Very worrying and shows what a disaster awaits if the product on the pitch doesnt improve. The club needs to wake up pronto!!!

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
There are large clusters of empty seats in the East and North stands so does it look the same in the West Stand ?

Another good measure of the crowd size is train queues which are hardly happening now days post match.

The north block of WSL was virtually empty (I'm in the North so look across to it). I think that's match-by-match tickets there, isn't it? As someone with some elements of Health and Safety in my job, I'd like to know what figure the Stadium Manager is given, as surely that must have implications should an evacuation be necessary.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I would go for the 18k, some areas did look very sparse :( .

Anyone watching on TV (or a dodgy stream) is always going to have a poorer opinion of the crowd as:

a) The camera position makes the often-empty areas seem very prominent
b) You can't see any of the West Stand, which must be c15,000 seats and generally very well populated.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
So all the reasons i have given then and if you believe that there aren't a good few "the Albions our second team after Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd etc" then you Sir are severley mis guided - Unfortunately £500 - £600 is not alot of monry to many people especially London based workers living in Brighton especially ifthey shelled out a few months ago so cash has gone why worry about it now when the footballs dropped off and they only bought the tickets hoping for some good football and a crack at the PL but now thats gone this season so have they. You mark my words next season if we stay up we'll only shift circa 17=18K st if we go down probably around 14k.
Since when did liverpool,Chelsea etc fans living in brighton go to see their club play football matches?
You do realise that these types of fans you keep bleating on about are just armchair fans and are irrelevant wether they say they support liverpool etc as they don't go and most are from brighton obviously.Do you take these types seriously in a discussion? Doesn't every club in the lower leagues have these local glory hunting fans?

Funny how people blab on about crowds when it's gloomy times..If we averaged 17/18k that would be pretty dam good,but we've far exceeded that.Fans nowadays pick and choose games and when you're doing shite crowds drop,that's not rocket science is it.

What do you want 27k in the stadium while we're by the relegation zone?
O wait we had nearly 27k last week and pretty much spot on aswell...these things happen

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anyone watching on TV (or a dodgy stream) is always going to have a poorer opinion of the crowd as:

a) The camera position makes the often-empty areas seem very prominent
b) You can't see any of the West Stand, which must be c15,000 seats and generally very well populated.

Loads more empty seats round me that usual WSU G/H border, back. Walked on to a Coastway West train that was 12 mins late and would normally have been impossible to board. After only stayed for a very quick drink and got on the next train out. Got a bottle of water for my son at 2.35 without queuing. East Lower looked half full, lots of blue in the North, South stand just seats.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Loads more empty seats round me that usual WSU G/H border, back. Walked on to a Coastway West train that was 12 mins late and would normally have been impossible to board. After only stayed for a very quick drink and got on the next train out. Got a bottle of water for my son at 2.35 without queuing. East Lower looked half full, lots of blue in the North, South stand just seats.

I'm not suggesting otherwise, just that the 'camera view' has never done any favours for being able to assess the (real) level of the Amex attendance due to the prominence of the empty seats in and around the away section in the South and South-East areas of the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here