Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***** Official Match Day Thread - Brighton and Hove Albion v Rotherham United *****

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Untitled-1.gif

Sky Bet Championship

Venue: American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 25 October
Kick-off: 15:00 BST

Brighton winger Kazenga LuaLua (suspended) and striker Craig Mackail-Smith (illness and hamstring) are both missing for the visit of Rotherham.

Midfielders Dale Stephens (ankle) and Andrew Crofts (cruciate) are also out.

Rotherham boss Steve Evans has the choice of Jonson Clarke-Harris and Matt Derbyshire to play up front.

Richard Brindley (hamstring), Conor Newton (hernia) and Richard Wood (knee) miss out but Rob Milsom (ankle) is expected to be fit.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-Head

• This is the first meeting since a goalless draw at Brighton in League One in February 2007.

• Brighton have won four of the last five meetings, drawing one. Rotherham's last win was 1-0 at home in the old Division One in September 2002.

• The south coast club are unbeaten in the last five meetings at home, winning three. Rotherham's last win there was 2-1 in the old Division Three in November 1997.

Brighton

• Brighton have won only one of their last 10 games in all competitions. Their only win since 26 August was 3-0 at Burton in the Capital One Cup on 24 September.

• Sami Hyypia's team have won only one of their six home games in the Championship this season. Their only league win at the AMEX Stadium was 2-1 against Bolton on 23 August.

Rotherham

• Rotherham are unbeaten in their last four games, winning two. Their last defeat was 2-0 at Ipswich on 27 September.

• The south Yorkshire club have won only one of their seven away games in all competitions this season. Their only win on the road was 1-0 at Millwall in the Championship on 23 August.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Who remembers the exciting match against Rotherham in 1971-72, one of the best matches I saw at the Goldstone. In that season in the middle of October Albion were twelfth in Division 3 and it was the big chase to come second but we had to beat Rotherham and we were drawing when half the Amex would have gone home.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Stockdale
Bruno Greer Dunk Bennett
Ince Holla
Colunga Teixeira McCourt
Baldinho​

Subs
Walton; Calderon, Hughes; Gardner, Forster-Caskey; O'Grady, Fenelon

:albion:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
First team to kick the ball out of the Spaceship

Rotherham are the best team in the air according to the stats and the worst at passing and keeping possession.

Ball control to Major Evans.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Who remembers the exciting match against Rotherham in 1971-72, one of the best matches I saw at the Goldstone. In that season in the middle of October Albion were twelfth in Division 3 and it was the big chase to come second but we had to beat Rotherham and we were drawing when half the Amex would have gone home.

Ken Beamish from edge of 18 yard box into North Stand goal ... dip, swerve, power ... ecstasy!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
No one else seemed to be putting their head on the block. You can do it next time.

Its traditional for the match day thread starter to get light hearted abuse for starting the thread, You do know what your username is i presume? Surely that joke has been used before in your 2430 posts?

** see post 7 **

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
2-0 To the good guys

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
You do know what your username is i presume? Surely that joke has been used before in your 2430 posts?

** see post 7 **

Yes, and I'm fed up with it, people taking the piss all the time.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Please tell me you are now taking the piss because i am actually laughing out loud :lol:

Watch it, you're going to get a thumbs down in a minute if you're not careful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here