Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Evans

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
He might not be everybodys idea of a nice person (does it matter)but as a manager,and charachter wise,I"d rather have him than Lurchs" less animated twin brother.

I don't think anyone was offering a swap.

If any club wanted to, they could appoint Billy Davies, instead of a Billy Davies tribute act.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Apart from Boston. You cannot argue about his record as a a manager. Has an excellent record and tomorrow will be very tough.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Tipped me a winner at Lingfield a couple of years ago and his antics should get the crowd going....he's alright.

When he took Crawley to Torquay a few seasons ago they refused to use the practise goals in the warm up, when the groundsman asked politely for them to not use the real goals he got a torrent of abuse from the assistant manager the groundsman retaliated and Evans carried on before during and after the match behaving like an absolute prat.
A very nasty peice of work my piss will boil tomorrow if they win.

The Campanologist

Sep 1, 2014
When he took Crawley to Torquay a few seasons ago they refused to use the practise goals in the warm up, when the groundsman asked politely for them to not use the real goals he got a torrent of abuse from the assistant manager the groundsman retaliated and Evans carried on before during and after the match behaving like an absolute prat.
A very nasty peice of work my piss will boil tomorrow if they win.

A good point - Paul Raynor, Evans's assistant manager for a some time - has not covered himself in glory in the last few years either. The saying 'chip off the old block' could have been made for those two.

A quick search brings this up from the play of final -

http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2014/may/paul-raynor-charged-rotherham-united-leyton-orient

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He was in charge at Crawley when they had that massive dust up with Bradford at Valley Parade, wasn't he? Lots of fighting on the pitch, both clubs fined heavily as a result. I think that was also the game where he had an...ahem..."incident" with a female Bradford employee.

He's the poor man's Fergie, isn't he? I bet he idolises the bloke in every respect.

The Campanologist

Sep 1, 2014
He was in charge at Crawley when they had that massive dust up with Bradford at Valley Parade, wasn't he? Lots of fighting on the pitch, both clubs fined heavily as a result. I think that was also the game where he had an...ahem..."incident" with a female Bradford employee.

He's the poor man's Fergie, isn't he? I bet he idolises the bloke in every respect.

I assume you're referring to this 'incident' in the Bradford game?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ns-exposes-Bradford-City-female-official.html

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Didnt Crawley go to Manu a couple of years bak..i remember Evans drooling over Ferg (not literally...i think)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here