Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua up front

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
He's had 37 shots from midfield, what makes you think moving him 10 yards further forward would help his accuracy issues.

maybe because the closer to goal you are, the better chance the ball will find the net even if your accuracy is hopeless :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He is quick and skilful.Put him on the shoulder of the last defender and give him a chance to run at the last man, get in the box, win penalties and see also if he has the instinct to be a goal poacher. Shooting from outside the box is not what being a forward is about so it is a false question.

Do you know what he'll find out when he's on that last shoulder?

He'll find out the same as CMS, and he'll also find out what Baldock is just realising.

There's no point me being here, because NOBODY will pass the ball through into the space I thrive on.

At which point we'll all then be able to hound KLL for not scoring any goals.

Who'd be a footballer for Brighton and their deluded, must win every game, boo boys.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

He'll find out the same as CMS, and he'll also find out what Baldock is just realising.

There's no point me being here, because NOBODY will pass the ball through into the space I thrive on.

Who'd be a footballer for Brighton and their deluded, must win every game, boo boys.
? I would

Feb 14, 2010

Very harsh on a support who turn up in the numbers Brighton do. 26000 for Boro when just above the relegation zone in the Championship and a bigger gate than palace v Chelsea. Dont knock the support. You clearly dont want to give Lua Lua a chance and fair enough, that up to you. Just one thing tho' Murray would have scored a hatful in Poyets team.

Dec 29, 2011
Very harsh on a support who turn up in the numbers Brighton do. 26000 for Boro when just above the relegation zone in the Championship and a bigger gate than palace v Chelsea. Dont knock the support. You clearly dont want to give Lua Lua a chance and fair enough, that up to you. Just one thing tho' Murray would have scored a hatful in Poyets team.
There weren't 26000 there. You can hardly call it support when it evaporates after a bad run of form, and when they do turn up they sit on their hands. Lose against Rotherham and we'll see how many 'supporters' stick around.

Feb 14, 2010
There weren't 26000 there. You can hardly call it support when it evaporates after a bad run of form, and when they do turn up they sit on their hands. Lose against Rotherham and we'll see how many 'supporters' stick around.

26000 bought tickets, what 22000 in the ground. Name another club who can match that when towards the bottom of the Championship (go on name them) and when you do look at the reputation, size and stature of that club. I think your "lose against Rotherham" statement I will say, I bet there will be again be 20000 plus for the next home game. Dont blame the supporters for the fact that the team is (as ever) failing to match the support. Its Brighton, it has been that way since Charlie Webb heroes of 1910.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Passing around on the edge of the box trying to find an opening.

Why I like Lualua in the central position is because he is two footed and he has got a change of direction*. That does leave a problem in that he have not got and out and out winger with him central. For a change of plan McCourt can be play central and Lualua can go out wide. (*unlike Dicker of the recent past.)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Funny that you would think that and Poyet didn't.

KLL may well fill his boots up front.
But that would only happen when the rest of the attacking unit plays to his strengths.
As his strengths are similar to the strikers we already have I just don't see the point.

No wait scratch that I do see the point.

If Kaz were to play striker he wouldn't be having 20+ meaningless punts over the bar from 25 yards away.
Using similar logic, he might as well play in goal.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It worked for Bobkin Jnr on FIFA...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
how many are on target and make the keeper work
We both know whatever the figure is it will be nowhere near enough to justify so many missed shots.

His accuracy percentage probably tallies closely with the number of goals he's scored.
It's no wonder the strikers can't get goals as the players that should be playing them in are just blazing the ball over, instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here