Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election Poll

Who would you vote for if the Elections were tomorrow?

• Total voters

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Simple I want out of the EU
We will never get that option with labour party.

See this is what I just don't understand. You'd be willing to go against your political beliefs because of ONE issue and completely disregard all of their other policies even though they fly in the face of any self respecting "lefty"? And the fact that this is a very shortsighted approach doesn't bother you in the slightest? Also, you realise the Green's want a referendum on the EU too right?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
For those who were wondering.

UKIP Policies in Brief:

EU Membership
UKIP will leave the political EU and trade globally and freely. We will re-embrace today’s fast-growing Commonwealth and we will encourage UK manufacturing so that we make things again.

Immigration
We will freeze immigration for five years, speed up deportation of up to a million illegal immigrants by tripling the numbers engaged in deportations, and have ‘no home no visa’ work permits to ease the housing crisis.

Education
We will have a grammar school in every town. We will restore standards of education and improve skills training. Student grants will replace student loans.

Healthcare
We will radically reform the working of the NHS with an Insurance Fund, whilst upholding the ‘free at the point of care’ principles. We will bring back matrons and have locally run, clean hospitals.

Law & Order
We will give people the vote on policing priorities, go back to proper beat policing and scrap the Human Rights Act. We will have sentences that mean what they say.

Taxation
We will take 4.5 million people out of tax with a simple Flat Tax (with National Insurance) starting at £10,000. We will scrap Inheritance Tax, not just reform it and cut corporation taxes.

Energy
We will say No to green taxes and wind farms. To avert a major energy crisis, we will go for new nuclear power plants on the same existing site facilities and for clean coal. We will reduce pollution and encourage recycling.

Welfare
We will make welfare simpler and fairer, introduce ‘workfare’ to get people back to work, and a new citizens pension and private pensions scheme insurance.

Defence
We will support our armed forces with more spending on equipment, military homes and medical care. We will save our threatened warships and add 25,000 more troops.

Democracy & Equality
We will be fair to England, with an English Parliament of English MPs at Westminster. We will replace assembly members like MSPs with MPs. And we will promote referenda at local and national levels.

Transport
We will make customer satisfaction number one for rail firms – not cost cutting and will look seriously at reopening some rail lines that Beeching closed. We will make foreign lorries pay for British roads with a ‘Britdisc’ and we will stop persecuting motorists.

Agriculture & Fishing
Last, but never least, we will bring in fair prices and fair competition for our suffering farmers, and restore traditional British fishing and territorial waters.

From the 2010 Manifesto. Lambasted as 'rubbish' by almost everyone from within UKIP. People should judge them on what they propose at the next election, not on this nonsense.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
And in relation to the poll - I am still undecided. I will wait and see what ALL the manifestos say and judge them on this and how it will benefit me and my wider community. Party Politics shouldn't come into it.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Blimey that's got to be one of the most inconclusive political polls I've seen.

Me, I'm undecided but definitely will not be voting Labour

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
See this is what I just don't understand. You'd be willing to go against your political beliefs because of ONE issue and completely disregard all of their other policies even though they fly in the face of any self respecting "lefty"? And the fact that this is a very shortsighted approach doesn't bother you in the slightest? Also, you realise the Green's want a referendum on the EU too right?

But it not just one issue is it?
Getting out of the EU yes,But the EU itself is more than one issue.
Shorted sighted No we were fine without the EU before and we be fine without them again.
As for the Greens lol ..No comment.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Pure Conservative propaganda , repeated over and over until we forget a) The Banks roll in this and b) How big bang in 1987 (Conservative policy) started the deregulation that led to a)

Indeed; Tories are absolute liars (although I'm not a big fan of Labour either).

If the economic crash in 2008 was caused by Labour's economic recklessness, why did the rest of Western Europe and the United States suffer the same meltdown and recession. No Tory has ever answered this question!

The 2008 crash was a result of three decades of deregulation, and 'the market knows best' ideology which the Tories and New Labour (Tory-lite) were in thrall to (and still are).

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Many of our privatised industries are now foreign owned - what will UKIP do about these to restore national autonomy and sovereignty?

UKIP believe in the free market system which has led to these industries and utilities being sold to foreigners in the first place. DOH!

When we buy a train ticket from a French or German-owned rail company, we're subsiding cheap rail fares in France or Germany - getting out of the EU won't change that!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No. I refuse to vote tactically. You are supposed to vote for the mp you want to represent you at parliment. If you do anything else you are part of the problem.
We really do need a better voting system to stop this nonsene.

:censored:ing this with bells and knobs on. I will be voting for the person I think will be the best constituency MP and if none of them shape up I'll spoil.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Basically not tory or Ukip or any of there ilk, I'm pretty open apart from that!

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Also remember the Scottish result in the 2010 G/E was 41 Lab,11 L/D,6 SNP and 1 Tory. After the independance vote i can't see Labour returning anything near its 2010 number ?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
As the owner of a small Limited Company, the Tories seem to do less damage to people like me than the other Parties, who are overwhelmingly shit in their outlook towards people who want to make money.

So by default them; Plus I have met Nick Herbert (my MP) and as a person he seems OK (openly Gay Tory MP - who would have thought it?)

larus

My "blood would be boiling" if there was any suggestion that bureaucrats in Brussels were doing anything other than implementing the terms of the treaties that the EU member states had signed up to.

My blood is boiling as the premise of the vote to join in1974 was a single market. That's it. Nothing else.

Everything else has has been a constant slide to a European state, with no accountability to the people. But, so long as it's a state taxing and spending, however wasteful, the lefties are happy.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

UKIP Policies in Brief:

EU Membership
UKIP will leave the political EU and trade globally and freely. We will re-embrace today’s fast-growing Commonwealth and we will encourage UK manufacturing so that we make things again.

Immigration
We will freeze immigration for five years, speed up deportation of up to a million illegal immigrants by tripling the numbers engaged in deportations, and have ‘no home no visa’ work permits to ease the housing crisis.

Education
We will have a grammar school in every town. We will restore standards of education and improve skills training. Student grants will replace student loans.

Healthcare
We will radically reform the working of the NHS with an Insurance Fund, whilst upholding the ‘free at the point of care’ principles. We will bring back matrons and have locally run, clean hospitals.

Law & Order
We will give people the vote on policing priorities, go back to proper beat policing and scrap the Human Rights Act. We will have sentences that mean what they say.

Taxation
We will take 4.5 million people out of tax with a simple Flat Tax (with National Insurance) starting at £10,000. We will scrap Inheritance Tax, not just reform it and cut corporation taxes.

Energy
We will say No to green taxes and wind farms. To avert a major energy crisis, we will go for new nuclear power plants on the same existing site facilities and for clean coal. We will reduce pollution and encourage recycling.

Welfare
We will make welfare simpler and fairer, introduce ‘workfare’ to get people back to work, and a new citizens pension and private pensions scheme insurance.

Defence
We will support our armed forces with more spending on equipment, military homes and medical care. We will save our threatened warships and add 25,000 more troops.

Democracy & Equality
We will be fair to England, with an English Parliament of English MPs at Westminster. We will replace assembly members like MSPs with MPs. And we will promote referenda at local and national levels.

Transport
We will make customer satisfaction number one for rail firms – not cost cutting and will look seriously at reopening some rail lines that Beeching closed. We will make foreign lorries pay for British roads with a ‘Britdisc’ and we will stop persecuting motorists.

Agriculture & Fishing
Last, but never least, we will bring in fair prices and fair competition for our suffering farmers, and restore traditional British fishing and territorial waters.
Also scrapping the climate change act...That's another 18 billion saved.
Let's be honest most policies never change whoever's in charge,we just need someone with balls to sort out the major issues at the moment.
And the outspoken Mr Farage would be perfect as he gets to the point unlike all the other twits

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

UKIP Policies in Brief:

EU Membership

Immigration

Education

Healthcare

Law & Order

Taxation

Energy

Welfare

Defence

Democracy & Equality

Transport

Agriculture & Fishing

That list is funny, did they actually publish that?
Taking just one point, the healthcare part. Both Farage and Paul Nutall have stated there is no future for the NHS in modern Britain and that private companies should run the NHS in a major streamlining (cost cutting) process.

Farage June '14
“I genuinely do think, when you... occasionally hear of a big businessman that says he’d like to run the National Health Service and streamline it, and get better value for money, I think that’s the approach we’ve got to take.”

I find this enormously crazy, that there are folk in this country that honestly are thinking of voting ukip.

Stewart Lee's bed sh!t joke is getting more and more real everyday.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
The "destructive, authoritarian and intolerant" force currently sit on the opposition benches in the House of Commons. Vile the Labour party and the left in general may be, but in a democracy we are all entitled to free speech. A sentiment that UKIP would support being a libertarian, democratic party enjoying record support despite the activities of far left thugs trying to break up their lawful meetings and attacking their activists in the street.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here