Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk rumors

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I am a big fan of Dunks, and would be mortified if he was to go to a club like West Ham. He deserves a bigger club(not Leeds) where he will gain the recognition he deserves. Not sure who but a club where he will be able to progress and become involved in the England set up.

I would say West Ham is EXACTLY the type of club where this could happen. If he went to say, Liverpool, one of the Manchester clubs, or Chelsea, he is more likely to get swamped by all the (typically) foreign, more expensive signings, in my opinion.

Plus, the Hammers ARE currently in a CL qualifying spot. Doesn't come much bigger than that :jester:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I would say West Ham is EXACTLY the type of club where this could happen. If he went to say, Liverpool, one of the Manchester clubs, or Chelsea, he is more likely to get swamped by all the (typically) foreign, more expensive signings, in my opinion.

Plus, the Hammers ARE currently in a CL qualifying spot. Doesn't come much bigger than that :jester:

West Ham would be a dreadful choice - assuming Allardyce is still the manager. "What are you chesting it down for!? Get fooking rid!" "Stop fannying about with it. Hoof it"

Arsenal is clearly the obvious one. Fits in perfectly with both their playing philosophy and their track record of buying up young English talent - Oxlade Chamberlain, Jenkinson, Walcott, Chambers, etc, etc

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
West Ham would be a dreadful choice - assuming Allardyce is still the manager. "What are you chesting it down for!? Get fooking rid!" "Stop fannying about with it. Hoof it"

Arsenal is clearly the obvious one. Fits in perfectly with both their playing philosophy and their track record of buying up young English talent - Oxlade Chamberlain, Jenkinson, Walcott, Chambers, etc, etc

Might get more games at West Ham though.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Im suprised he is still with us, think he will prosper in higher league

:(

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am told Burnley doubled every existing players wages when promoted witha clause in the contract for it to reverse back on relegation. Ward insiderably more than he was at Wolves.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's a complete lottery though isn't it. We all thought Bridcutt was amazing yet he's floundering at Sunderland, and many thought Hammond was a joke yet he's doing quite well at Lestah.

It may be a lottery but if a Premier club comes in for Dunk, we will sell him, as we have done with every other player that we have received bids on. It's all about the timing though. It would be good if just for once we could sell a player and borrow him back until the end of the season.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
What we certainly don't want to do is lose him for effectively nothing, like we did Elphick and Cook who seem to be a fairly solid partnership in a team above our lowly station (one point off the play offs, as opposed to one point off relegation spots).
I wouldn't be surprised if Dunk goes for big money in January, by which time we, unfortunately, will be out of contention for the play offs.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
A young English CB who scores goals in the Championship.
Can see a few bids coming our way in January.

We'll sell him for £6m and buy League Two's highest rated CB for £500,000.

That's a bit ambitious isn't it????

It'll be £200,000 midfielder, and from League 2

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Yes lets sell him, he is probably the only player left currently, that we could get a big fee for. Let him go then us fans won't have to worry about losing our young star players, we wont have any.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes lets sell him, he is probably the only player left currently, that we could get a big fee for. Let him go then us fans won't have to worry about losing our young star players, we wont have any.

That is the concern though isn't it. Any player with a decent value has been sold. The club will tell you they didn't want to sell them and they didn't need to sell them but once their head is turned they don't have a choice. If we get a bid for Dunk and refuse it, no doubt his head will have been turned so we'll sell him. How hard do we try to keep players once the bids come in?

John Byrne is the last player I remember getting transferred who actually wanted to stay here.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
£5m is a joke for a player who had a to be subbed off at half-time as we was so bad a few games ago?

He's a good player, could be a very good one but he's a had a couple of very poor games this season, I can't believe a club would pay £5m for him

So someone may be bidding for one of our star players in the near future and you want to talk the price...DOWN?!?

Surely you'd want the club to get the best possible price (if they were to sell) and therefore should be talking the price up, just like Palace did with Zaha and other clubs do all the time with their players

I don't get why people are always appearing to be so negative about our players and their market value. (Ulloa for example and numerous others on here)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here