Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EU to charge Britain more money due to success of economy....

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
You may, or may not, be correct. But do you think it is OK for us to pay more now, just because we dis better back then?

definitely not, we pay enough into the EU already.
the whole bl*ody set up is a complete mess and the sooner we pull out the better.
what a brilliant incentive to prosper :facepalm:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Same principle as Barber trying to charge us more for our season tickets if we got to the Prem. If you do well you pay more, we agreed to the terms so we should pay up. Of course the papers are ridiculously hyping this up to be the end of the world when it has been known about for weeks and is being used by the Tories as a cynical attempt to deflect from their other shortcomings

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"If people think I am paying that bill on 1 December, they have another thing coming," the prime minister said in Brussels. "It is not going to happen."

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Same principle as Barber trying to charge us more for our season tickets if we got to the Prem. If you do well you pay more, we agreed to the terms so we should pay up. Of course the papers are ridiculously hyping this up to be the end of the world when it has been known about for weeks and is being used by the Tories as a cynical attempt to deflect from their other shortcomings

Isn this the bill which Cameron went to Brussels and re-negotiated? I seem to recall him coming back a few years ago claiming a triumph when in fact he negotiated an increase then tried to blame Labour?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
"If people think I am paying that bill on 1 December, they have another thing coming," the prime minister said in Brussels. "It is not going to happen."

The key words in that sentence.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

Also that expression makes no sense. When Johnny foreigner, sticks that in to Google translate, they are going to wonder what other "things" they are going to get.

Now I know historically that is how it has been said but it makes more sense to say "They have another think coming" I.e. think again.

How will we ever be taken seriously by the EU with daft expressions like that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
:lolol:

Cameron acting the tough guy with Europe is hilarious. I'm not even sure he managed to hang onto his lunch money at Eton.

It's funny isnt it? I'm not sure who he thinks he is convincing.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
God I hate the EU...brought in so the rich countries can fund the poorer countries,that simple.
You have people here working 50/60/70 hrs a week and you have people in Greece and Spain working 30/40hrs a week with lovely siestas and in a chilled very relaxed environment.

In time the EU will drain us dry unless we get out fast...Those cronies in Brussels don't even like britain and historically have had a long standing gripe with us.Time to pull the bloody plug as we don't bloody need them.We coped well before the EU and we'll cope well without it.

Time we had a PM with balls and we need this bloody referendum NOW!!!

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It does seem as if the EU wants the UK to leave. They don't seem to be giving any convincing reason for us to stay.

Oh, that's because they are not accountable to us!
The EU will crash eventually anyway and drain germany of all its resources.
I can defo see us leaving in the very near future...The sooner the better.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I do admire cameron for sort of losing it and he was angry...Just a case of seeing if he can follow it through:lolol:

definitely this, he must see it through or risk losing the next election, must say I admire his tempestuous rant at those stiffs over there, shades of her

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
definitely this, he must see it through or risk losing the next election, must say I admire his tempestuous rant at those stiffs over there, shades of her
Although many slate him...You could see anger in his eyes as deep down you get the feeling he wanted to say fu*k off to them,just hope we stick to it.

Is it possible we can be booted out of the EU?
Bloody hope so

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The EU funding budget is effectively fixed in advance, and all the member states have to generate the funding to meet the budget.

Aren't all budgets set in advance though? Certainly all the ones I have seen have been, seems a bit counterintuitive to set a budget in arrears.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can someone please explain to me what we actually get for our 8.6billion contribution per year?

Welcome pack, window stickers and a free flag. One DVD of MEP's talking about their favourite restaurants, and a travel guide to Estonia.

The club magazine 'EuroWaste' is sent every quarter.

They will call every six months to ask you to increase your direct debit. If you say no they will do it anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here