Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EU to charge Britain more money due to success of economy....

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
I said we were second to Germany in real terms but we're tenth (I was right) in proportional terms - nine European countries take more per head of population than we do. There's a good article here about why EU immigration is good for the UK

http://www.cityam.com/1413900278/uk...my-and-immigrants-arent-stealing-british-jobs

call me ignorant but I personally couldn't give a dam about the statistics of whether or not another country seems to be taking in a higher percentage of immigrants than us, in a nutshell this is supposed to be about Britain and Britain is suffering far to many, and if what immigrants contribute outweighs the benefits they receive I couldn't give a dam about that either because none of this would benefit my pocket.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I think you're doing the other founding countries a dis-service and I certainly don't believe the EEC was founded by Germany alone of because of its historical guilt. Adenauer and all the other leaders were acutely aware of the European ills of nationalism and war-mongering and their aim was to eliminate them and for once and for all; however these ills were not just restricted to Germany or the founding six. Indeed, Churchill made a speech shortly after WWII about the need for a "United States of Europe" and this used to be quoted widely at the time of the ToR. Adenauer and the then French President were also disappointed that the UK didn't feel able to contribute; there's an anecdotal story in the FCO about Macmillan replying that he was too busy dealing with the crisis in Cyprus and Kenyan(?) independence to be bothered with a European trifle. Rule Britannia eh?
Btw, Italy doesn't have a border with Germany.

Hang on...Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Holland and Germany were all in the original club and it's first line of agreement was to end war between these countries. Italy obviously borders with Austria but Austria was part of the Reich when Hitler was around.

The original plan was to stop fighting over natural resources like iron ore and coal and share them...how is this in any way relevant to 2014?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This is NSC so the ones that had the best drugs I would have thought...... :smokin:

Good point. Afro Caribean then I would think. Although if it was in Bognor this party the Poles have some decent big suppliers nowadays.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Come on guys. Stop bickering and start saving up for December the 1st. I've got a new marble bathroom suite which needs paying for.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Come on guys. Stop bickering and start saving up for December the 1st. I've got a new marble bathroom suite which needs paying for.

Dave is upset because the cheque he hands over to Mr Juncker is going to pay off the rebate given to France and Germany.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is it subsidised Italian marble ?

It says Property of The Acropolis on the base? I bought it cheap off a bloke who works at the Central European Bank.

Hang on...Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Holland and Germany were all in the original club and it's first line of agreement was to end war between these countries. Italy obviously borders with Austria but Austria was part of the Reich when Hitler was around.

Sorry, but your comment: "Note that the original signatories were all countries which had land borders with Germany........." seemed to imply the discussion was about the Treaty of Rome in 1957?

The original plan was to stop fighting over natural resources like iron ore and coal and share them...how is this in any way relevant to 2014?
Not sure what you're on about here tbh but the ToR is a treaty between sovereign states not a plan. If you're really stuck on the relevance then CF may be able to point you to half a dozen or so tertiary/quaternary "data" references for study at leisure. Don't expect anything about the Albion though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Things have moved on?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here