Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disallowed Goal

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
V tight. Probably ONSIDE if you look at both players' right feet although can see why Lino lazily gave it as he was initially off and ran back. Very tight. Pls don't get fooled by the perception JFC is standing ahead ahead of their defender as you need to take into account the angle - look at the feet...

Either way I know it doesn't matter but these threads always throw up some opinions... image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oops that's all the same pic - sorry guys only meant to post once

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Just saw the highlights on Player and posted this on Bozza's match report thread:

Without wanting to sound entirely blinkered, how are you so convinced from that still image -- which accords with the moving image on SeagullsPlayer -- that it's 'just' offside. In my book, to make such a claim, you need to have an image that is in line with the players at the point the ball was played. From the still image provided, alongside the moving image I've seen, I'd say that looks level. Although if there is an image that is in line with the players, or there is a convincing explanation from that image, I'm willing to yield.
Over to you folks.
ps that 'goal' was a cracking move, and Colunga's shot was great too.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just saw the highlights on Player and posted this on Bozza's match report thread:

Without wanting to sound entirely blinkered, how are you so convinced from that still image -- which accords with the moving image on SeagullsPlayer -- that it's 'just' offside. In my book, to make such a claim, you need to have an image that is in line with the players at the point the ball was played. From the still image provided, alongside the moving image I've seen, I'd say that looks level. Although if there is an image that is in line with the players, or there is a convincing explanation from that image, I'm willing to yield.
Over to you folks.
ps that 'goal' was a cracking move, and Colunga's shot was great too.

Yes a better angle would help... I'm not convinced of anything - and I said it's prob inside altho difficult to tell for sure

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Another look at my offside picture posts:facepalm:

Don't recall making a thread before but feel free to show me my others??? The irony of you suggesting someone's a one trick pony tho - is very good :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The irony of you suggesting someone's a one trick pony tho - is very good :)
I don't think the irony is lost on ROTR. He thinks he's being witty. Secretly though, he's pissed off that he didn't start the thread. I imagine he gets annoyed every time someone starts a thread that he could have started.

OT - It is tight. I imagine the next frame will show JFC onside.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why the obsession with where his feet are? Any part of the body with which you can play the ball, can be flagged offside.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why the obsession with where his feet are? Any part of the body with which you can play the ball, can be flagged offside.

The 'obsession' in this case mainly comes from the fact that both their right feet are the closest parts of their body to the goal?! But go on assuming I don't know the rules if it makes you feel better :lolol:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I think he's off. I certainly wouldn't be anywhere near sure enough to question the linesman who was inline.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Do you not have to have daylight now? I wish they would stop changing the rules.

And when it's dark will floodlight do? :lol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here