Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rugby World Cup Tickets

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I believe the laws apply to sports, not stadiums. I've had beer watching rugby at the Millennium Stadium but I wouldn't have been able to drink it at the play-off final. Can't see the Amex being different

Absolutely.

This is rugby we are talking about. It is almost illegal not to drink at your seat when watching it :lolol:.

There is simply no way a venue would have been chosen which didn't allow pitch view drinking. The rugby authorities would have insisted, and no drinking would have meant no selection as a venue.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I believe the laws apply to sports, not stadiums. I've had beer watching rugby at the Millennium Stadium but I wouldn't have been able to drink it at the play-off final. Can't see the Amex being different

It's not sports though is it it's just a certain level of football. If we lent the Amex to Lewes to play their home games there, we'd be allowed to drink in our seats

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Absolutely.

This is rugby we are talking about. It is almost illegal not to drink at your seat when watching it :lolol:.

There is simply no way a venue would have been chosen which didn't allow pitch view drinking. The rugby authorities would have insisted, and no drinking would have meant no selection as a venue.
While I agree with the thrust of your post, should be pointed out that you can't drink in stadiums in France, and they had the tournament there......

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seem to recall the one and only time I went to baseball in the US that drinking beer out of huge buckets in your seat was almost compulsory - so long as you showed them your driving licence. How does THAT work?

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Does anyone have a single ticket spare for any of the games at the Amex? I'm not into rugby myself but one of my best friends is and missed all the ballots he entered.

He doesnt mind what game, or where in the ground, just wanted to go along to watch one if anyone has a spare single?

Thanks

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
I got nothing out of six matches I applied for. This had me in a particularly dour mood after the Rotherham game on Saturday. Then a mate rang and offered me a spare for USA v Samoa, so at least I'll finally get to have a pint while looking at the Amex pitch.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm now holding out for going to an Italy game in the next round of ticket sales (assuming there are some available). My mate is a PROPER italian and I'm a BIT italian so we thought we may as well try and go to a game and sing a national anthem (partially legitimately) with a beer in hand.

I applied for all England games, semi finals, world cup final and the Amex games. Got none.

I assume the list of what is still available will be released soon?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Absolutely.

I went to France v Ireland 6 nations last game.

No alcohol on sale outside the stadium, or inside.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Just paid £459 for cat D tickets for the England vs Wales match through the RFU website. You get a night in a nearby travel lodge and a £20 Rugby World Cup voucher. Whilst not great value it doesn't seem extautionate in comparison to sites like Viagogo.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Just paid £459 for cat D tickets for the England vs Wales match through the RFU website. You get a night in a nearby travel lodge and a £20 Rugby World Cup voucher. Whilst not great value it doesn't seem extautionate in comparison to sites like Viagogo.

Ouch. £75 face value ticket plus £20 voucher means that Travelodge is £364!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Ouch. £75 face value ticket plus £20 voucher means that Travelodge is £364!

I'll kick right off if there isn't a complimentary biscuit on my pillow!

It's an extravagant purchase but I see it as £11 per week approx which is 3 pints nowadays for the next 10 months.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I'll kick right off if there isn't a complimentary biscuit on my pillow!

It's an extravagant purchase but I see it as £11 per week approx which is 3 pints nowadays for the next 10 months.

I stayed at the Twickenham travelodge last night, there was no biscuit.

I had to comfort my self with the SEVEN pieces of chicken that the KFC man sold me for £5 cos they were closing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here