Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Yanks think London is in Spain. Big goof from the NFL here.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
While in the states I met a young woman who asked if we have the same week structure in the uk eg mon, tues, wed etc

Was the most astonishing thing I have ever heard....... Ever

I was coming down a set of stairs in the states in a hotel and a woman stopped in her tracks and looked very worried and exclaimed "Wait do these stairs go up or down?!"

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
While in the states I met a young woman who asked if we have the same week structure in the uk eg mon, tues, wed etc

Was the most astonishing thing I have ever heard....... Ever

Not American-bashing, not American related in any way, but is something I heard this week, which is up there with the most astonishing things I've ever heard.

A fixer turned up on one of our building sites this week, which is round the back of a residential block. The car park entrance has a single bar barrier across, like you'd see at an NCP Car Park. He phoned the site manager to say he's at the barrier, how does he get in. He was duly given the code, and was heard tapping the number into the keypad. Barrier lifts and he confirms "thanks, I'm through."

Some of the residents get a bit funny about where you park, as some bays are reserved, even though it isn't marked as such. So when the Site Manager sees the guy on site he just asks, "where did you park". "I didn't, I got the train." :ohmy:

So, rather than go up the path, or round the barrier, or even under the barrier, he stood by it, made a phone call, and then tapped the number in the pad before walking through. I'm still shaking my head at the thought of it now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here