Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What type of bread person are you?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Usually Hovis Seed Sensations 7 seed one (purple bag one). I eat too much bread so having a multi-seed one quells the voice in my head.

Often stop off for other cheap rolls/baguettes from Sainsbury's/Morrisons. Especially this time of year as we enter Soup Season.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
You missed the best 2 uses, old fashioned bread pudding and bread and butter pudding

A simple freshly baked uncut white farmhouse loaf is my favourite (along with peshwari naan)

Good shout with the bread & butter pudding but I found a recipe recently which I now use all the time.
Make it with slightly stale croissants sliced and buttered throw in some sultanas.
The custard is half milk half cream at room temp and infused with a vanilla pod.
Make it in a dish with a bain marie at about 180 degrees for 45 mins and eat it with a blob of marmalade.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I view these threads as recomendations so will try 7 seeds and chewy brown when seen.

I tend to have the odd breakfast muffin toasted theses days.

Old bread makes good bread sauce as well.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Genius Gluten-Free
Warburtons Gluten-Free
Udis Gluten-Free
None of them come close to "proper" bread.
As a Coeliac, the thing I really miss is a fresh crusty roll or baguette.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was eating a soft ciabatta as I opened this thread. They are addictive.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I make my own.

But employ a food mixer (not a bread machine). I like Italian ciabatta type bread, but that's very difficult to make by hand because the dough is very wet, you don't beat it back and difficult to handle.

Cooincidently I've just some rising with Olives and Oregano mixed in.

What a t*****, but just to make it clear I don't read the Guardian and never voted new labour.

Never done this before with "bits"- interesting how the salt in Olives will effect the rise.

I was crying when I put the last of my oregano in. I grew it myself, let it flower and have been drying it out. It's space age compared to what you buy. I only wish I could smoke it.

Anyway - I've sort of perfected the ciabatta, so if anyone is interested I'll post it. Or just google Paul Hollywood. Can't stand that bake off programme, but he knows his rolls.

I recommend active yeast as opposed to dried. That's not the fresh stuff - I just get better results. You get it going with a bit of sugar and luke warm water.

Last edited:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Do like to murder a Hovis Dorstep Thick White. When it's so fresh and soft. Yummy.

I'll eat anything though, the seedier the better ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here