#Wallofnoise - sign up to back the team

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Boooooooooooooooooooooo

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
I've heard that if you get a thick piece of rectangular card, fold it in a concertina fashion and hold one end and shake apparently it makes a fantastic wall of noise.
Maybe we could issue blue and white ones and we could all shake them at the same time?

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
Great idea, as it is painfully clear that at the moment the players do not like playing at the Amex. It's time for us to step up to the mark!!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Well, I'm in. Even a #thinstripofnoise is preferable to the stony silence and moody muttering which seems to descend at home if we're not 2-0 up in 20 minutes.

North, behind the goal (latest recorded 'give us a B' effort, 19 Oct v Boro, 87th minute)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Perhaps i could set [MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION] a challenge. If you can get Fred, Bertie and Algernon joining in I'll get them a bottle of Sanatogen :thumbsup:

Thank you for your splendid suggestion. A meeting is to be held after Bernard's war-time singalong on Friday night to finalise the plans.

I can tell you that we will be holding a show of solidarity with the team in a parade of mobility scooters down the Falmer Road before the match. There have been a few issues with parking spaces, but we think Mr Barber will agree for the greater good.

Len is bringing a horn from his old Panhard Dyna, and Les, his Goldstone rattle. Ron is still nervous of Brenda after falling on to her lap after starting the mexican wave. She took it as a sign of interest, but being only 62, twenty years his junior, he's worried what his family might think. She is a bit of a catch though.

Brenda does have to be a little restrained alas, she has been told to wear stockings to matches. This is because she is a fan of Inigo, and if he scores we are a bit worried that she may try and throw her knickers at him. At least if she is wearing stockings we will have time to inform a steward that her celebrations are in process.

Fred has said that shouting loud for long periods is a problem, but his involuntary flatulence every time he stands up will be utilised as much as possible. Cyril will bring a hailer and sit behind him in the hope of catching the reverberations at an opportune moment.

Algernon, as ever, will be sleeping throughout the process, with the occasional movement of the lips when the smell of ropey ale fills the air as a parched supporter moves past him to their seat.

Last edited:

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Great idea, as it is painfully clear that at the moment the players do not like playing at the Amex. It's time for us to step up to the mark!!

Interesting observation, how do you arrive at that conclusion?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thank you for your splendid suggestion. A meeting is to be held after Bernard's war-time singalong on Friday night to finalise the plans.

I can tell you that we will be holding a show of solidarity with the team in a parade of mobility scooters down the Falmer Road before the match. There have been a few issues with parking spaces, but we think Mr Barber will agree for the greater good.

Len is bringing a horn from his old Panhard Dyna, and Les, his Goldstone rattle. Ron is still nervous of Brenda after falling on to her lap after starting the mexican wave. She took it as a sign of interest, but being only 62, twenty years his junior, he's worried what his family might think. She is a bit of a catch though.

Brenda does have to be a little restrained alas, she has been told to wear stockings to matches. This is because she is a fan of Inigo, and if he scores we are a bit worried that she may try and throw her knickers at him. At least if she is wearing stockings we will have time to inform a steward that her celebrations are in process.

Fred has said that shouting loud for long periods is a problem, but his involuntary flatulence every time he stands up will be utilised as much as possible. Cyril will bring a hailer and sit behind him in the hope of catching the reverberations at an opportune moment.

Algernon, as ever, will be sleeping throughout the process, with the occasional movement of the lips when the smell of ropey ale fills the air as a parched supporter moves past him to their seat.

Marvelous scenes.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
It was brilliant last night. I actually think it may have gone on for over 15 minutes. If half the Amex sung and half of them clapped it would be very, very loud!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I PREFER the wall of BOOS as we MISS another HATFULL of chances and a CHORUS of SACK the BOARD throughout the MATCH as we SIT in the MOST expensive SEATS in the CHAMPIONSHIP watching a LOAD of League 1 JABRONI'S who couldn't SCORE in a BROTHEL

This

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm in. The TBBAWA chant was one of, if not the, highlight of last night's game. It is DEAD easy to join in, and clapping along is fine if you do not want to sing. I think it would lift players or a t the very least surprise them! let's do it.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
WSU Block H

I am an enthusiastic supporter of this plan.

Along with it should be an aim for the first ten minutes to be a special effort at a continuous run through of Albion traditional classics.

Will the NW corner get behind these ideas?

Doubt it. They will no doubt just plough their own special furrow.... Go Left, go left etc...

Glad you are being so inclusive. We sang this very song for ten minutes on Saturday. I am not sure why so many people think the NW Corner only sing European songs and Go Left, it just is not true.

If you want a united crowd and a better atmosphere do you really think that making snide comments about a group of supporters is the way to go?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Glad you are being so inclusive. We sang this very song for ten minutes on Saturday. I am not sure why so many people think the NW Corner only sing European songs and Go Left, it just is not true.

If you want a united crowd and a better atmosphere do you really think that making snide comments about a group of supporters is the way to go?

I would just LOVE to be proved wrong. We will see on Saturday.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
WSU Block H

I am an enthusiastic supporter of this plan.

Along with it should be an aim for the first ten minutes to be a special effort at a continuous run through of Albion traditional classics.

Will the NW corner get behind these ideas?

I would just LOVE to be proved wrong. We will see on Saturday.

We certainly will :albion2:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
But not to the manager, who is under pressure at the moment from some quarters - and might appreciate a bit of support/encouragement himself?

I'm not sure the manager pays particular attention to specific lyrics (well, not unless 20,000 people are calling for him to be fired).

I imagine he'd be quite simply delighted to hear large sections of the crowd getting behind the team and driving them on, however they chose to do it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I can confirm this from my seat in the northern end of WSL. It was uninterrupted for more like 15 mins towards the end of the first half, when the team were playing particularly crap.

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
I'm torn. What's best for the club; singing them home, being bold and buying a new shirt or eating a pie? I can't do all three at once unfortunately. It's all getting too complicated.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
We certainly will :albion2:
This is going to be EPIC. The first ten minutes on Saturday are going to be wall to wall Albion classics that aim to get as many people as possible joining in and then this is going to be followed, when the stadium clock strikes 3.10, by an unrelenting chant of TBBAWA that will be so persistent it can't help but be taken up by the whole stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here