Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

#Wallofnoise - sign up to back the team

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Glad you are being so inclusive. We sang this very song for ten minutes on Saturday. I am not sure why so many people think the NW Corner only sing European songs and Go Left, it just is not true.

If you want a united crowd and a better atmosphere do you really think that making snide comments about a group of supporters is the way to go?

I think the NW Corner/Police Box guys deserve huge credit for continuing to make noise throughout the game - sometimes they seem to be the only ones making any noise - it's just a shame that when the rest of the North Stand start singing, they don't seem to join in?

Maybe they don't hear them (central North Standers)? I can from WSU.

Would it not be better if all those who really want to stand up and sing were in the same place? I guess it would mean those currently under the police box moving to be more central?

I would like to think that the club would help out here. At a recent fans forum Bloom made the comment that he would like the Amex atmosphere to improve - surely putting (and where necessary help move) all those who want to sing together makes sense?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I want to see this!!.. but im guessing I wont haha

And no-one would get booked or sent off, just a mere "Ok chaps, don't take it too far". I love Rugby.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Marvelous scenes.

Dieter will be there this Saturday too. He's the one that caused a stir after sneaking out of his care home to attend the opening day of the season.

He was told he couldn't go after he left it too late for the carers to get him a ticket, but caught a bus and bought one of a tout. Being a veteran who fought at Normandy, the Argus Comments column issued a fatwa against the care home.

Dieter is a lovely man. From Dusseldorf....

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Interesting to see how other clubs play this, in the age of all seater stadiums and allocated seating.

Huddersfield have made a concerted effort this season to create an atmosphere by re-designating the area behind one goal as a zone for their ultras/singers/whatever you want to call thems. It also looks like they're allowing fans with tickets for other areas of the stadium to move there, mid season (or possibly by the game) for free if they want to. Sadly for them, in a half empty stadium in front of 10,000 fans, like last night, there's only so much that can be done by a couple of hundred (at most) blokes jumping around. I did think they were making a reasonable effort, but it was a bit echoey. Despite this "singing section", there was a noticeable split between them and another bunch in the stand to the right of us in the away end. There were two lots of singing going on and- worst of all- two drummers, one in each stand. Once the drummers sat down, so did everyone else.

I wonder what would happen if you said at the start of the season that the North Stand would be completely unallocated seating apart from for the biggest matches? I can imagine there would be a few complaints from those who enjoy their regular spot. But then again it might encourage people to get to a seat early in order to sit where they want, which might in turn allow an atmosphere to build from before the match, rather than everyone swanning in at five to three when they've finished their pint.

I've no idea if regulations even permit unallocated seating, and I daresay it might prove chaotic for bigger games, but for the likes of Rotherham at home, surely so long as you sell fewer tickets than the stand capacity, then it could work.

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
That burnley atmosphere is up there in my best footballing moments. I've never been so happy after losing. Was a great occasion

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This.

Johnny Crumplin Football Genius, anyone?

This could be interspersed with Tony Bloom's Blue & White Army, singing it on alternate lines.

Just for a bit of variety, like :lol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Going back to the unallocated seating, it looks like Huddersfield allow it in their FML (stands for Fantastic Media Lower, not **** My Life) stand, which is where the bouncy, singy folk were last night. Clearly there's nothing stopping a club from having unallocated seating: it would just need to be done at the start of a season, having informed all ticket holders in advance.

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
We need more singers balanced out across the North Stand but concentrated to the middle not the left I reckon.TB's Blue/ Blue and white army was sung constantly for ages and I tried to get others going but it was so quiet when it wasn't that song.

We need more songs that are repetitive and don't stop if we want a good atmosphere. What about the Stand or fall one.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Who needs Jordan Rhodes?
Who needs Jordan Rhodes?
We've got Lewis
We've got Lewis
We've got Lewis Dunk"*

*Yes, I know, we really could use Jordan Rhodes really :)

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Who's that man from Catalunya
Who's that man we all adore
His name is Calderon
He's the Albion's Spanish don
And we'd all have his babies, that's for sure......

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm in. West Stand, just behind Tony! ;-)

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
North stand block D, will join

Also aimed at our strikers an old school yard football chant when someone missed:

How wide do you want the goal,
How wide do you want the goal!
(and repeat)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't we just save time and sing:-

TBBAWA-aa
TBBAWA-aa
TBBAWA-aa
TBBAWA-aa