Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield 0 Albion 5..............

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I honestly didn't come away from Huddersfield thinking we'd been nobbled by the officials, if truth be told.

LuaLua's first yellow was for running over to an incident that was nothing to do with him and giving the official a mouthful. His own bloody fault, and from that moment on, he's skating on thin ice.

What was Dunk's card for: was that dissent too? He certainly got involved a couple of times unnecessarily.

I do feel people are clutching at straws if they feel the officials are somehow responsible for our position.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I honestly didn't come away from Huddersfield thinking we'd been nobbled by the officials, if truth be told.

LuaLua's first yellow was for running over to an incident that was nothing to do with him and giving the official a mouthful. His own bloody fault, and from that moment on, he's skating on thin ice.

What was Dunk's card for: was that dissent too? He certainly got involved a couple of times unnecessarily.

I do feel people are clutching at straws if they feel the officials are somehow responsible for our position.

I don't think anyone's saying that - just that five cards versus nil seems disproportionate. I can't believe NONE of the Huddersfield fouls were worse than Kaz's which led to his second booking and suspension.

Lua Lua was correctly booked for dissent and it was needless for him to go over there. That said, all game I was cursing the officials who I saw to be incredibly biased. There were no reckless challenges (bar maybe Greer's one for the team in the 2nd half) yet every slight foul we seemed to be booked for whereas they would commit almost identical fouls, and remain unpunished.

D

Deleted member 2719

I don't think anyone's saying that - just that five cards versus nil seems disproportionate. I can't believe NONE of the Huddersfield fouls were worse than Kaz's which led to his second booking and suspension.
Why thank you sir, that's exactly what I was suggesting.

Lua Lua was correctly booked for dissent and it was needless for him to go over there. That said, all game I was cursing the officials who I saw to be incredibly biased. There were no reckless challenges (bar maybe Greer's one for the team in the 2nd half) yet every slight foul we seemed to be booked for whereas they would commit almost identical fouls, and remain unpunished.
I agree again, perhaps Sami needs to do a fergie on the ref at half time!

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Interesting that the ref, Gary Sutton, hasn't booked a single Huddersfield player in his last three games of reffing them.......according to a referee stats site.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Interesting that the ref, Gary Sutton, hasn't booked a single Huddersfield player in his last three games of reffing them.......according to a referee stats site.

That's rather odd.

Maybe Sutton is Huddersfield's 'Hoops' after all.

'suttsy' perhaps?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here