Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

List of available managers

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If, we were to make a change, I'm firmly in the Eddie Howe camp. He's done a fantastic job at Bournemouth. Young, knows the league, clearly a good motivator, tactically astute, capable of getting his players to play to more than 1 gameplan. I think he ticks pretty much every box for us

I'm still like to see Sami a bit of time but I don't think it hurts to be thinking about this.

He walked out on Bournemouth for the money, first time round, which seems to always be overlooked.

And he's a smarmy, snide little ****.

I'd rather have Poyet back, and I can't abide him.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
He walked out on Bournemouth for the money, first time round, which seems to always be overlooked.

And he's a smarmy, snide little ****.

I actually agree with both of these points. I don't have to like him though, clearly it's a bonus if I do, he just has to get the job done. I reckon he would.

Anyway, I'm still hopeful it isn't going to come to that.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thinh is Howe isnt available. I agree he is a snide little prick but he fact remains we would have to pay compensation to Bmth and the way things are if if IF we did sack Sami we would have to pay him off so the next manager would have to be a "free agent". So someone out of work or someone like a Hoddle who is working informally I imagine.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Eddie Howe would never come to us he has found out where his bread is buttered. TB wouldnt pay the compo they would want. I dont think it will happen but should it come to that it will be Sherwood or someone in a similar position with no compo to pay. Why pay compo when there are other suitable options.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If, we were to make a change, I'm firmly in the Eddie Howe camp. He's done a fantastic job at Bournemouth. Young, knows the league, clearly a good motivator, tactically astute, capable of getting his players to play to more than 1 gameplan. I think he ticks pretty much every box for us

I'm still like to see Sami a bit of time but I don't think it hurts to be thinking about this.

Yes good call on Eddie Howe :)

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Eddie Howe would never come to us he has found out where his bread is buttered. TB wouldnt pay the compo they would want. I dont think it will happen but should it come to that it will be Sherwood or someone in a similar position with no compo to pay. Why pay compo when there are other suitable options.

I'm not so sure about your first point. I think you are right with your second.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Eddie Howe has tried elsewhere and went back home so it would have to be a special very well paid job to entice him away a 2nd time not sure we are in that category yet as we are not a top Premier side.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
No I am not, because you and others got it wrong and the fact there is another thread already asking "Who would you want after Hypia" which was running prior to this one being started. My comment still stands. And yes I would say it to your face.
So all the people who are talking about a possibly new manager for Brighton are dipsticks according to you. Could it be the case that it is YOU who is the dipstick because you have got it wrong. If you are so brave why don't you call all the other posters on this thread a dipstick? If you do you might get some respect but assuming you don't I'll assume you are a confused little coward. The choice is yours.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
At the moment there is more chance of being promoted with Bmth than us.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We could always POACH the right man.

Adkins
Howe
(Doubt we'd get ) Dyche

(1) Is that the Nigel Adkins whom several hundred Reading fans were calling for the sacking of last night?

(2) Howe has already left Bournemouth once and failed: he's happy to be where he's loved and where, whatever his side do, he will never be viewed as failing, as he's always got the "we're only a little club" excuse (even though they spend more money than we do).

(3) Dyche? Behave :lolol:

Last edited:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
(1) Is that the Nigel Adkins whom several hundred Reading fans were calling for the sacking off last night?

(2) Howe has already left Bournemouth once and failed: he's happy to be where he's loved and where, whatever his side do, he will never be viewed as failing, as he's always got the "we're only a little club" excuse (even though they spend more money than we do).

(3) Dyche? Behave :lolol:

I want Mourinho, Ancelotti or Guardola as they're about as likely.

I have doubts about Sami, increasing doubts, but what I am certain about is that we need a striker who can lead the line, win headers, oh and score...
If we get one of those and things still don't improve then we need to look again, but surely the immediate problem is clear?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why not have a go at all the others who quite reasonably took the question as who might be available to manage Brighton. One even referred to managers who was not available. if you think you are justified in calling me a dipstick, might I suggest you are a dipstick with special needs. Obviously I'd like to insult you more but don't want to potentially breach any regulations.

Why do you want to insult yourself?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Why do you want to insult yourself?
There was an open question as to which potential managers were available. Most people, including me took that to mean you were not looking at the likes of ex managers such as Terry Neal and Chris Catlin etc etc but who might be a good prospect as manager of Brighton for the future. I gave a thumbs down to a few suggestions because I did not like the idea of such as person becoming Brighton's manager. I'm not sure why whoever posted the suggestion should feel insulted. The majority of posters have quite reasonably given their views as to who might available to be brighton's next manager. Some even suggested managers who are NOT available. I'm just wondering why I have been singled out as the 'dipstick' looking at the thread. I can only assume I'm not one of what could euphemistically be termed the bosom buddies.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There was an open question as to which potential managers were available. Most people, including me took that to mean you were not looking at the likes of ex managers such as Terry Neal and Chris Catlin etc etc but who might be a good prospect as manager of Brighton for the future. I gave a thumbs down to a few suggestions because I did not like the idea of such as person becoming Brighton's manager. I'm not sure why whoever posted the suggestion should feel insulted. The majority of posters have quite reasonably given their views as to who might available to be brighton's next manager. Some even suggested managers who are NOT available. I'm just wondering why I have been singled out as the 'dipstick' looking at the thread. I can only assume I'm not one of what could euphemistically be termed the bosom buddies.

Whoosh. You might want to look at your post again.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Whoosh. You might want to look at your post again.
Well I did check to think if I'd missed something. OK just because curiosity is getting the better of me and to put my mind at rest, I'm the simpleton and you the cryptic wit. Just spell out the point you are making.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well I did check to think if I'd missed something. OK just because curiosity is getting the better of me and to put my mind at rest, I'm the simpleton and you the cryptic wit. Just spell out the point you are making.

You quoted yourself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here