Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you enjoying this season?

Are you enjoying this season?

• Total voters

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No i'm not. From the moment Hyypia was appointed i was far from happy.Alarm bells rang for me with the way he was sacked from Leverkusen and some media reports on Hyppia's coaching abilities didn't sound promising from Germany either.
Pre season friendlies were horrifying to watch which didn't help change my feelings either.

But the blame shouldn't be put at Sami's feet entirely. We had a horrendous summer where some of our excellent players were sold and barely a squad to report back to pre- season for Hyypia to work with. The fees we got for our players were fantastic and the club did well there.
Preparations for the new season has to go down as one of the worse i've known. It's appalling and quite frankly embarrassing when the club hammer home about being Premier league ready.
My apathy actually started before Hyypia was appointed and it has snowballed ever since.

With any new manager i was prepared to back him though and in some way i feel sorry for him. He took over a complete mess and we haven't recovered from it yet. Despite our poor start we have actually played some good entertaining football.

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Quite simply no. Whether that's me just not enjoying football as much as I used to or not I've yet to decide.
If I didn't have a season ticket don't think I would be going.

GeorgeBTN

Sep 1, 2013
Very disappointing on Saturday. Poor tactics. Lua Lua should play wide. Full backs playing high is not the way to go as it is not their strengths particularly Bennett.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hated last season, Oscars playing style was just desperate from an entertainment perspective.

Better this season until Saturday, which was simply very, very poor.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
No, I'm not really 'enjoying' it. Last Saturday was a chore even before I left home!. Missed the Cardiff game thanks to transport issues.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I like to see players trying all game, running themselves into the ground for the cause. I just don't sense the urgency from the team.

Still. 3/4 of the season left, it can get better!

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Loving the away games, although I've not seen us win in 5 away games we've played better than at home and as ever our away support creates a good atmosphere
Not loving the home games at Amex, playing poorly, predictable & slow tempo plus the atmosphere is rubbish as well(partly down to the teams performances)

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
No, still grumpy from the Palace play off shambles, we've still not got out mojo back if you ask me, no leader off OR on the pitch to drive us on

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Saturday was a real downer. Before then have to say yes but don't think I would enjoy a relegation battle. Prefer mid table mediocrity with entertainment!! Too much to wish for?

Sums it up for me.
We have played some enjoyable adventurous football let down by poor finishing and silly mistakes....... until Saturday when we were just too nervous and too laboured. If we keep going forward , take some of our chances, re-inject some pace and reduce the silly errors we are a competent and comfortable mid table side and one that is good to watch.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Not from afar - until we are safe from potential relegation. After that I can lighten up a bit.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Struggling this season we are so up and down.

Saturday was a real dose of reality as it confirmed 3 things for me

1) the system - it does not work and I don't think Sami knows what to do about it

2) squad depth - we needed to change the game but there was nobody on the bench capable of lifting the team

3) lack of quality in our starting 11 - no real fans favourites and the replacements really do not look like they can hurt the opposition in the way Ulloa, buckley, barnes could

Looks like we are limping towards January and hope the club have money under the mattress to buy the quality needed to survive in this division

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Not at all. Firstly work is meaning I have attended only three games which is rubbish. Secondly the games have been pretty dull. Saturday was a real low point.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Last season I was mostly bored, yet compensated for that with wins. This season I find myself frustrated, and don't really have the compensation of wins to go with it.

I find the passing around the back seems directionless, like the players don't know how to or daren't try to get forward, whereas under gus it felt like there was a purpose to it, as if the players knew what they were doing.

I feel like our lack of creativity in the final third has been exacerbated by our failure to get decent results this season, every time we get forward I feel like we're going to concede with exposed full back positions, and it feels to me like our increased number of shots is masking a decrease in the quality of shots.

But mostly I just find I leave games more frustrated than entertained.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Fed up, frustrated and pissed off. The international break followed by a terrible display hasn't helped. WTF were they doing for two weeks!

Worse still I'm seriously worried that Hyypia hasn't got the nouse to turn things around.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Makes me think back to how gutted I was when he left and how I would have loved him to put his own squad together this season. I guess it would have all gone pear shaped anyway when he had his heart scare, but it WOULD have been interesting to see who we would have signed under Oscar.

Said it before and I'll say it again - I'm convinced Oscar could have been the greatest manager in Albion history.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I will come back at 9.45 this evening and let you know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here