Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*****Official Match Day Thread - Huddersfield Town vs. Brighton and Hove Albion*****

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A front two of Baldock and OGrady doesn't exactly give me much confidence in tonight
law of averages states that one of them must score tonight.

#clutchingatstraws

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
*****Official Match Day Thread - Huddersfield Town vs. Brighton and Hove Albi...

Kaz wide left, brilliant novel idea, more service to Baldock & hey presto he's banging them in. Genius

Last edited:

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
That team looks suspiciously like 4-4-2 to me....let's hope the experiment has ended now, it wasn't working.

It's not going to be 2 up front. It will be the same as when O'Grady came on Saturday
With Baldock and kaz playing behind him. Would love 442 I think Baldock
Would thrive.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It doesn't look like 4-4-2 to me. Three central midfielders, COG through the middle, Baldock Right (ish), Lua Lua Left (ish). Basically the same s***, but with Chicksen instead of Bennett is my guess.

Agree - that's the way it looks to me.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
He gave up. Not what was required.

This. Sami said in his interview that some players gave up when we went 2-0 down. I'm assuming he thought Bennett was one of them.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It doesn't look like 4-4-2 to me. Three central midfielders, COG through the middle, Baldock Right (ish), Lua Lua Left (ish). Basically the same s***, but with Chicksen instead of Bennett is my guess.
Our Sami is not the most flexible of fellows is he. 4-3-3 isn't working for this set of players, so why persist.

:shrug:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
#BHAFC team v Huddersfield: Stockdale; Calderon, Greer, Dunk, Chicksen; Holla, Forster-Caskey, Gardner; Baldock, O'Grady, LuaLua.

#BHAFC subs v Huddersfield: Ankergren, Hughes, Ince, Toko, Agustien, McCourt, Colunga.

If Bennett and Bruno are both injured, this is the best team I would have put out, except I may have played Ince instead of Gardner, but maybe not? Certainly, the front three of Lualua, Gardner and Baldock is the only three that makes sense. By default rather than merit. Lualua may very well play in midfield making it more of a 4-4-2.

No pace up front.

Past records and recent form says that we should dominate midfield. If we don't we will lose this. Both full backs both look vulnerable even if we are careful.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's not going to be 2 up front. It will be the same as when O'Grady came on Saturday
With Baldock and kaz playing behind him. Would love 442 I think Baldock
Would thrive.
I agree. He's built a career playing off a target man, why don't we play to his strengths?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Playing Baldock on the right seemed bizarre on Saturday. I'm not in the 4-4-2 camp but if him and O'Grady are on the pitch together then surely we should be playing them in a system that accommodates them both in their best roles? Either a 4-1-2-1-2 or a 4-3-1-2 with Kaz as the CAM?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Surely you have to play a fluid 4-4-2 with that line up.

We have lacked width all season, just get it wide to Lua Lua then you don't have to push the full backs in kamikaze fashion.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If Bennett and Bruno are both injured, this is the best team I would have put out, except I may have played Ince instead of Gardner, but maybe not? Certainly, the front three of Lualua, Gardner and Baldock is the only three that makes sense. By default rather than merit. Lualua may very well play in midfield making it more of a 4-4-2.

No pace up front.

Past records and recent form says that we should dominate midfield. If we don't we will lose this. Both full backs both look vulnerable even if we are careful.

Can't see us scoring if Gardner is up front, and where is COG playing?

Hyypia out!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I want to see Lualua get into the penalty box. Theirs not ours.

I like him playing central and only play him wide when Paddy McCourt comes on at 67 minutes whatever the score and however we are playing.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here