• Their culture

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Everything

Votes: 34 42.5%

• Total voters

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The MAJORITY of Muslims in Britain that I've met of Pakistani descent have quite cheerfully admitted they are Pakistani first and foremost, the useful idiots on here and elsewhere in society can carry on living in denial until its too late.(usually in an area of little or no immigrant population)

Jan 30, 2008
The MAJORITY of Muslims in Britain that I've met of Pakistani descent have quite cheerfully admitted they are Pakistani first and foremost, the useful idiots on here and elsewhere in society can carry on living in denial until its too late.(usually in an area of little or no immigrant population)
Don't they just show their true colours at the cricket internationals , used to be trouble at some of those games in the past
regards
DR

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I genuinely couldn't give f*ck if he was born here ,he will never be british in my eyes

on what grounds? whats your criteria?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I have no "issue"with people from overseas migrating here and contributing to British society, as long as they accept that they wouldn't be able to claim any state benefits for 2 years from the pport being stamped!

Jan 30, 2008
I have no "issue"with people from overseas migrating here and contributing to British society, as long as they accept that they wouldn't be able to claim any state benefits for 2 years from the pport being stamped!
doesn't seem to be a lot if intergration from a lot of migrants just setting up ghettos for their own agendas, it's a worry for the long term, I'm sure there's plenty of prejudice simmering under the surface in these areas
regards
DR

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

And there lies the problem, all the time we are in the European union we have no right to choose who we want here and who we don't, just look at that :wanker: Anjem Choudary

Hold on. Are you saying if the UK left the EU I would then have the right to choose who lives in the UK? No one has told me this before. Where do I sign up? And who do I submit my list of names to?

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Yes but Australia I presume has the same or better living standards, so you migrating there and Aussies migrating here is like for like in my opinion. There are no language or real cultural barriers to cross either. Just out of interest and not being nosey I hope, what did you offer Australia in the way of skills for you being accepted. Would you have been accepted if you had nothing in the way of qualifications or skills and did they also check whether you had the funds to live in Australia so you wouldn't become a burden on the system.
IT skills, same as is applied to many of my Indian and Chinese colleagues. Checked as in the Uk by the national body and immigration. There were no financial restrictions or geographic ones once I had skilled status, and as I said, I was entitled to state help when I first arrived due to earning less than 110k in the household $400 a month. My wife got state help in getting free training and we got medicare cards as soon as we arrived. None of this due to being British.

New Zealanders can come and go freely without visas and there are a lot of assylum seekers and foreign students who end up staying.

It is not easy emmigrating, as you miss family and friends and all sorts of familiar things. That is why fouth generation Italian immigrants still call themselves Italian as the previous generations have maintained close ties. They are also about as Aussie as you get strangely. It is all about identity, and many people see it as a part of them that they are proud of. I, like them in most cases, am now Aussie in loads of ways and my kids as well, BUT I still support England and like British bacon and Chocolate and have a roast dinner on Sundays.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Another point to make is it is not immigrants that are forcing wages down, it is offshore back offices, cheap manufacturing and IT services. These workers are effectively part of the economy and are able and 'willing' to live on a small percentage of a minimum wage.as their cost of living is so much less. These companies are able to offer millions and millions of pounds/dollars savings to large companies and in the process cause large scale manufacturing and backoffice redundancies.

It is the reason why you can buy a pair of jeans for $5 or call your bank at 2 in the morning. It is a society trade off.

D

Deleted member 22389

IT skills, same as is applied to many of my Indian and Chinese colleagues. Checked as in the Uk by the national body and immigration. There were no financial restrictions or geographic ones once I had skilled status, and as I said, I was entitled to state help when I first arrived due to earning less than 110k in the household $400 a month. My wife got state help in getting free training and we got medicare cards as soon as we arrived. None of this due to being British.

New Zealanders can come and go freely without visas and there are a lot of assylum seekers and foreign students who end up staying.

It is not easy emmigrating, as you miss family and friends and all sorts of familiar things. That is why fouth generation Italian immigrants still call themselves Italian as the previous generations have maintained close ties. They are also about as Aussie as you get strangely. It is all about identity, and many people see it as a part of them that they are proud of. I, like them in most cases, am now Aussie in loads of ways and my kids as well, BUT I still support England and like British bacon and Chocolate and have a roast dinner on Sundays.

Thanks for confirming this. I think that is the biggest difference between Australia and the UK, skilled status. How many people would have been rejected from entering the UK just on this, it would have been millions. That is one problem with the EU and open borders, it needs changing.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Thanks for confirming this. I think that is the biggest difference between Australia and the UK, skilled status. How many people would have been rejected from entering the UK just on this, it would have been millions. That is one problem with the EU and open borders, it needs changing.

Exactly. When i was not long qualified i was seriously thinking of emigrating to SA, the prospects (then) looked good for a sparks. Anyway, after filling in all the forms, having to PROVE every bit of my life, qualifications, school reports, family names and history, every firm i'd worked for including references etc......well 3 months later i was turned down because my trade was not needed at that particular time.
A bit of that would not go amiss over here.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Tis the season of Halloween.....

16hnvaa.jpg

Very good.I will show her later.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Exactly. When i was not long qualified i was seriously thinking of emigrating to SA, the prospects (then) looked good for a sparks. Anyway, after filling in all the forms, having to PROVE every bit of my life, qualifications, school reports, family names and history, every firm i'd worked for including references etc......well 3 months later i was turned down because my trade was not needed at that particular time.
A bit of that would not go amiss over here.

There's a space in their Paralympics team if you fancy a career shift.

Bilateral leg amputation required though.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Another point to make is it is not immigrants that are forcing wages down, it is offshore back offices, cheap manufacturing and IT services. These workers are effectively part of the economy and are able and 'willing' to live on a small percentage of a minimum wage.as their cost of living is so much less. These companies are able to offer millions and millions of pounds/dollars savings to large companies and in the process cause large scale manufacturing and backoffice redundancies.

It is the reason why you can buy a pair of jeans for $5 or call your bank at 2 in the morning. It is a society trade off.
Yeah, it's a point I made in post #142 which has directly affected me. However in those cases it's not really about immigration, it's more about import/export. My former employer (and it was only a temporary contract so I knew it was coming) now 'imports' their software from India as opposed to manufacturing it in the UK. They do this because, as you say, the local costs are much lower so they can get the product they sell at a lower price and thus make more profit for the fat-cat shareholders whilst British workers starve on the streets*

Smash Capitalism!

*Ok, I'm not actually starving on the street. Got a bit carried away there.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
It's a ridiculously complex issue.

From what I can see the immigrant population that most people appear to have a problem with (non-EU), have to come through via a points system. So I'm not too sure how leaving the EU would affect that. There is certainly an argument that it could be more stringent.

On culture, is it "non-British" culture that people have a problem with? It seems to me that it is predominately cultures that are influenced by Islam. They are not prolific in European countries. Romania and Bulgaria for example are Orthodox christian.

TBH if someone could define British culture for me, that would be great.

Is it "they work for less"? That is the fault of successive governments in this country trying to instil a low wage economy, and without protectionism of some sort (like unions), then it will continue.

For all the "you're in East Sussex what would you know". According to the ONS, the percentage of the population in East Sussex that is not British born is about 8%, which is joint 21st (out of 46 areas). Higher than Leicestershire. Yeah it's not as high as London.....

Personally I think multiculturalism isn't that great, some cultures and beliefs tend to throw up more extreme views than others. The concept in France is integration into one culture, I'm not sure it's working.

I don't know the answers, I'm just asking questions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here