Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Sorry if fixtures but what has happened to him? Last year we had a stronger side overall and he looked one of our best players. Is he injured?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
and while we're at it, any news re Dale Stephens?

This was in The Argus last week (15th).

Albion midfielder Dale Stephens is still some way off a first team return.

The timescale for Stephens’ recovery from ankle ligament damage sustained against Yeovil in April remains unclear. He is back in training but his involvement is restricted.

Boss Sami Hyypia said: “If we play a game in training we take him out of that, because he is not ready for the contact, but he is working with the team when we do a passing drill or possession game.

“That is a big step for him mentally, to be involved. We’ll see how he reacts with the training.

“When he is ready to play a part in a game then probably it will be a DS (development squad) game first and then with us.

“It’s still a little bit unknown when he will be ready. I don’t think he knows himself.”

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Sorry if fixtures but what has happened to him? Last year we had a stronger side overall and he looked one of our best players. Is he injured?

Last we heard he is injured.

I'm not expecting a minute by minute diary but you would think the Brighton PR machine would give occasional updates on our injured players!

Lots of clubs have 'Treatment Room' sections where they keep the fans up to speed. We tend to have a Fort Knox mentality!!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Hasn't Solly got a stress fracture of the back? Will be a while before we see him...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Last we heard he is injured.

I'm not expecting a minute by minute diary but you would think the Brighton PR machine would give occasional updates on our injured players!

Lots of clubs have 'Treatment Room' sections where they keep the fans up to speed. We tend to have a Fort Knox mentality!!

Especially as March is probably our most exciting prospects and some of his performances to date have been exceptional .

Can only think that no one has any idea of when will be back .

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
A quick google search and all i can find is this from August but there may have been more recent updates:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28896194

Brighton & Hove Albion boss Sami Hyypia admits the injury that has sidelined winger Solly March so far this season remains a mystery.

"I don't exactly know what his problem is," Hyypia told BBC Sussex.

"For a player that is very bad. If you don't know, then you can't really say the exact time that he will be back."

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Hasn't Solly got a stress fracture of the back? Will be a while before we see him...

He has, and is restricted to swimmig and exercise bike work

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here