Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you want to replace Hyypia?

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I have always been an advocate for giving Sami time but the lack of effort in the second half on Saturday made me think that we may be looking for a replacement in the near future. Trouble is I can't think of anyone who I would want to replace him. I'm sure there is someone out there who would excite me - Sherwood, Hoddle, Hughton??

Who would you want if/when the time comes?

Last edited:

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
By the way don't really think it is all Sami's fault for the current predicament, but the manager is always the one that pays for board room f ups unfortunately!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have always been an advocate for giving Sami time but the lack of effort in the second half on Saturday made me think that we may be looking for a replacement in the near future. Trouble is I can't think of anyone who I would want to replace him. I'm sure there is someone out there who would excite me - Sherwood, Hoddle, Hughton??

Who would you want if/when the time comes?
Dont think it will come to it but any of those 3 in the order you have listed them provided they can bring their own back room staff in but that wont happen because it would mean replacing David Burke.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yes and I hope he turns it round. But in any business you have to have a succession plan!

A succession plan involves putting somebody in place to take over - how can a football club, unless they promote from within like Liverpool did in the 70's/80's have a succession plan

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
A succession plan involves putting somebody in place to take over - how can a football club, unless they promote from within like Liverpool did in the 70's/80's have a succession plan

Not guaranteed in any industry that your first choice will take the job. Do we really have to now define the term succession plan for the sake of this thread that was meant to be purely speculative!??

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Someone with a proven track record at Championship level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here