Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How far does your dislike of palace go?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Saying that, my gf is from Barcelona and supports Barca. I'd never ever wear anything Barca related because it's red and blue.

I doubt if any of her gear would fit you anyway Buzzer.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Blimey. It's a rare day on here that I feel reactionary, but you guys have succeeded in this thread.

I hate the b'stards. I hate the club, hate the fans, hate the wavy-haired poxy chairman, hate the excuse for a ground ("I know - let's clad it" hahahahaha), hate the fact that they've screwed over their creditors twice and truly, truly hate the fact that my route to the AMEX from my gf's takes me right past their ground. Still, at least I can spit out my car window at them. Theirs is always the second result I look for (first result if I'm at our game) and them losing gives me c 70% of the pleasure I derive from us winning (though I am starting to forget what the latter feeling actually feels like).

Sure, as individuals, some of their fans are decent sorts (providing we don't talk football), and I have grudging respect that they don't support some ridiculous PL side, choosing instead to support their local team, but that's as far as I can go.
Spot on. :clap:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Blimey. It's a rare day on here that I feel reactionary, but you guys have succeeded in this thread.

I hate the b'stards. I hate the club, hate the fans, hate the wavy-haired poxy chairman, hate the excuse for a ground ("I know - let's clad it" hahahahaha), hate the fact that they've screwed over their creditors twice and truly, truly hate the fact that my route to the AMEX from my gf's takes me right past their ground. Still, at least I can spit out my car window at them. Theirs is always the second result I look for (first result if I'm at our game) and them losing gives me c 70% of the pleasure I derive from us winning (though I am starting to forget what the latter feeling actually feels like).

Sure, as individuals, some of their fans are decent sorts (providing we don't talk football), and I have grudging respect that they don't support some ridiculous PL side, choosing instead to support their local team, but that's as far as I can go.

This . I ****ing hate Palace.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
My daughter was doing the Green Park challenge (mini marathon for kids in Reading starts at the Mad Stad) We were waiting for the race to start in a tent type shop, when she comes running up to me looking like she was going to be sick, saying that she couldn't breath. I was a bit worried until she pointed to someone wearing a Palace shirt saying that the air in the tent was now polluted. I was very proud.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
They're just football fans. Every club has a bunch of lairy, smelly loud knobheads. But the most of them are decent, normal people. It's only the ones who get too serious about it you have to watch out for.

Jan 30, 2008
:tumble::tumble:
Used to have a strong dislike for you lot, growing up with the 70's/ 80's games , it was natural.
With us not playing each other for years, it killed that feeling for me, and now it's nice just to have some banter with some of you on the NSC.
I don't know many weeds, but the ones I have met, have been decent enough ( not you Dr, yer prat )
I wear blue and white items of clothing ,( not Hollister ), but don't frequent Tesco's.
I don't think you know many people full stop !
regards
DR

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I listen to Talksport on my drive to work in the morning, Alan Brazil's sports breakfast helps pass the time. He has different guest presenters during the week, one of these used to be Neil Warnock, didn't have a problem with him on there, until................ he bacame palace boss again, now I cant stand listening to him, its got to a stage that if he comes on to give an interview I will turn the radio down until he finishes.

During this quiet period I thought of other things I do, however daft, that I do is influenced by my dislike of that lot.

Will not listen to Eagle FM
If I'm watching football from another country (Spanish football on Sky etc) then I can't want a team to win if they play in red and blue. Eibar in Spain, Inverness CT in Scotland, want them to lose.
Never wear red and blue together.

Anyone else have any similar do's and dont's?

7.4 x posts a year on average since 2009 and that's all you can come up with ---- feck me the clubs going down the pan and you are worried about palace:ffsparr:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
There are some particularly annoying Palace fan parents on the school run, who feel obliged to wear as much merchandise and load as much on their kids as possible on a daily basis.

Playground flare-up probably not a good idea, but it really does grate and I have retaliated with the Brighton scarf for my daughter, which is pathetic I know. I don't know what's wrong with me, in my 40s and occasionally a rational human being but Palace still really irritate me beyond logic and reason in every way.

I can honestly say that play-off semi-final knocked me sideways for weeks, something that is impossible to explain to most people. Except hopefully a few on here.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
There are some particularly annoying Palace fan parents on the school run, who feel obliged to wear as much merchandise and load as much on their kids as possible on a daily basis.

Playground flare-up probably not a good idea, but it really does grate and I have retaliated with the Brighton scarf for my daughter, which is pathetic I know. I don't know what's wrong with me, in my 40s and occasionally a rational human being but Palace still really irritate me beyond logic and reason in every way.

I can honestly say that play-off semi-final knocked me sideways for weeks, something that is impossible to explain to most people. Except hopefully a few on here.
I could have written that. It is of course fairly immature but then so are lots of things that I really like doing.

Hating Palace to a level beyond all logic and reason is a large chunk of my identity as an Albion fan and, like Vegas Seagull, it shows no sign of diminishing with age. A late goal going in at Selhurst can still make or break my Saturday night...!

"We'll follow the Albion
Over land and sea..."

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
7.4 x posts a year on average since 2009 and that's all you can come up with ---- feck me the clubs going down the pan and you are worried about palace:ffsparr:

I have got red and blue PVC tape in my toolbox for marking hot and cold pipes.
Good Plumber but bad fan:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here