Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How far does your dislike of palace go?

Not hugely far - I've just got two new fluffy little kittens given to me by a family of Palace supporters. They didn't even name them Zaha and Bolasie when they had the chance either

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I know one palace fan and shes a total babe and also very intelligent, i cant bring myself to hate her, i would happily agree to tend her lady garden whilst she wore a complete replica kit, on the proviso of course that i could be an albion full kit w4nker! Thinking about her makes me feel unfaithful and grubby but i like the feeling and cant stop! I want to convert her and bring her over from the dark side but fear shes lost to Palace forever.

I hate everything else palace related including of course any blue and red colour combo, anything with an eagle on it and reserve a special hatred for any ex palace player. Often my hatred seems irrational because on the many occasions ive been to selhurst ive bumped into numerous quite normal and rational palace fans and had some enjoyable lively banter and discussions. I think therefore i must be in the pantomime hatred camp.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Used to have a strong dislike for you lot, growing up with the 70's/ 80's games , it was natural.
With us not playing each other for years, it killed that feeling for me, and now it's nice just to have some banter with some of you on the NSC.
I don't know many weeds, but the ones I have met, have been decent enough ( not you Dr, yer prat )
I wear blue and white items of clothing ,( not Hollister ), but don't frequent Tesco's.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Used to have a strong dislike for you lot, growing up with the 70's/ 80's games , it was natural.
With us not playing each other for years, it killed that feeling for me, and now it's nice just to have some banter with some of you on the NSC.
I don't know many weeds, but the ones I have met, have been decent enough ( not you Dr, yer prat )
I wear blue and white items of clothing ,( not Hollister ), but don't frequent Tesco's.

Why would you go in Tescos when you have a Sainsburys at SP? I bet you do your shopping after the match???

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
One of my oldest friends is a Palace fan and I'm godfather to his twin girls. They are now eleven years old and support Palace, but they idolise my nineteen year old daughter who supports the Albion. This is the acceptable face of Palace. Our families get on great and our rivalry is friendly and full of banter. What winds me up is the shocking sight of a Palace shirt on my manor or suddenly seeing a Palace car sticker on a car parked round the corner. Is this normal when I know a decent Palace-supporting family ? Perhaps what I really hate is Palace The Entity rather than individual Palace fans.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If you ask me what I thought of Palace, Id tell you...w*****s, scum o the earth, shlt on my shoe....etc etc

Would I punch one on th back of the head? No

Would I call after one as he was leaving the pub to tell him he'd left his phone on the table? Probably

Would I save one from drowning? Of course

What? You'd take your foot of his head? Bad fan

Tee hee...

How you doing?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Not hugely far - I've just got two new fluffy little kittens given to me by a family of Palace supporters. They didn't even name them Zaha and Bolasie when they had the chance either

You'll never be able to house train them tho, you'll be clearing up cat crap for the next sixteen years

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I dislike the club hugely, hate us signing their ex players, would never cheer an Albion goal scored by an ex palace. I had my nose broken by a cowardly head butt as I stepped of a coach outside selhurst in the seventies, and they beat us 3-1, to add insult to injury. But, one of my best mates in the R.N.was a palace, so I suppose some of them are alright. And my nose is still bent.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I think alot of people are missing the point

of course you can't hate an individual you don't even know

hate is obviously being used loosely

there's wankers everywhere in life

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
There are some clubs that its very easy to dislike Portsmouth, Millwall, Leeds, Man U for obvious reasons

Palace aren't one of them. But, can't help feel Palace have worked the system and succeeded which isn't great for football, they wiped the slate clean twice inside a decade and made others suffer. This is the main reason I'm not keen on the club, the fans though are mostly OK though and probably deserve something better

This shows a lack of understanding of what happened to my club just as much as you constantly go on about Palace fans having a lack of understanding about what happened to your club.

1st admin was a prat that loved Palace and was conned by an owner who clearly did not love Palace and a Manager who the rest of football realised was a crook.

2nd admin was a professional loanshark calling in debts in a panic.

Neither admin was an attempt to work the system compared to what the likes of Leeds did for instance. Now do I wish that now we've gone up to the Loadsamoneyship we paid off the creditors that still exist 100%? Of course. Unfortunately, nobody pays all their debts and I'm sure had administration in football existed in its current parameters when you were in dire financial straits then you wouldn't have either. On top of which, as has been discussed by El_P on here before, not every single one of your creditors got 100% of their debts back (although a much much better percentage did than most).

However, you have to remember Brighton's current renaissance is all paid for by one sugar daddy. Not one part of it is organic growth. That should be remembered next time some of you slag off the Man United's, Man City's and Chelski's of this world. Yes recently you have tried to reduce your footballing costs to abide by Financial Fairplay rules but are you really doing that when you're effectively in £160m debt to one man (whether you accept that its debt or not) and still losing £12m a year as admitted by your chief exec in interview the other day?

Oh and to reverse the question: Other than the plastics (and yes I dislike ours as well) I largely respect most Brighton fans. I don't hate anyone, especially not fans that went through the crap that Brighton did. You're still our rivals though, I still love the thought of beating you more than any other club. That's just the way it goes.
2nd

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I work with some of the buggers and the banter is great, they have even offered to take me to some matches which I have declined for health reasons !!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I detest them & as the decades go by I'm glad to say my feelings remain just the same

That's good then . As se20 alluded to I also grew up when the rivalry was at its peak and it was hostile . Now it's just not the same and with age I've mellowed . I don't know any weeds personally but there's a few on here and the bbs who I like and some ( soggy ) really make me lol . I don't hate you but I love it when you lose and when we get score updates at games I always ask " how the weeds doing ?" So I still have a intrest in you ( as you can tell ) and I really enjoy coming on here to spar so to speak , but hate ? Nah not at all .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
The team you hate

image.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here