Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we rule out the Play-Offs?

Stumpy Tim

Although I'm not convinced by Sami, I do think that the players let him down Saturday to a degree.

The question has to be, why did they let him down so badly? I just don't think this kind of lethargy would have happened under Poyet or Oscar for that matter. Looks to me that he's on the verge of losing the dressing room, and that will be that

SAC

May 21, 2014
You lot have no romance. Going from 20th to 6th is what following football is all about. It ain't over yet.

I'm off to take my meds now.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Season in terms of looking upwards is over before Halloween. Its all about survival now and with our keeper and probably the worst strike force in the league, that won't be straight forward..All made Mr Blooms pre season words look a bit silly now....Still get down the shop and buy the new shirt!!!!!!!

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
The question has to be, why did they let him down so badly? I just don't think this kind of lethargy would have happened under Poyet or Oscar for that matter. Looks to me that he's on the verge of losing the dressing room, and that will be that

It is a tough one to figure out, I agree that here was something not right on Saturday. Especially as we had seen some improvement against Watford and Cardiff.
Do you think he just doesn't command that respect? players won't run through brick walls for him?
Or is it that tactics/systems just aren't working consistently? (players not buying in)

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Reading had 18 points from their first 15 games in 2011/12 and went on to win the league, thanks largely to signing Jason Roberts in January.
So yes it's possible, but also pretty unlikely from here. Anyone for Heskey?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is slightly better than yesterdays attempt at we're doomed statage, but probably more to do with how poor that effort was.

How many points was the 6th place team (lets be honest here) on after 12 games.

If we're already behind the curve on that then so be it.
But this years Championship seems to be very drawtastic so we might actually be closer to the play-off now than any of the previous 6th place finishers.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Reading had 18 points from their first 15 games in 2011/12 and went on to win the league, thanks largely to signing Jason Roberts in January.
So yes it's possible, but also pretty unlikely from here. Anyone for Heskey?
Where's Jason Roberts these days?!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mid-table will be a good result at this stage

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Plenty of 20/1 available from various bookies, if you think a promotion run is on the cards! :albion2:
and between 40's and 80's for Champions :cool:
Prices between 6 and 12/1 for relegation though!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
On the plus side, there will be no lurking possibility of a play-off final scuppering holiday plans for that half-term...

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I'm Team 'Mid-table Mediocrity' and proud of it. A rebuilding season is when you er... rebuild. Let's get the foundations right before we put the chrome dome in place.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
we have to improve so
NO
we could do it with the list above
can happen have some confidence

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Cant rule anything out. Sign a decent striker ala Reading and we could fly up the table.

Though we would need to sign a decent striker to actually do that. Lots ruled out the play-offs last season too - we still made them (just). You seriously cannot rule anything out in this league and its staggering how people still dont realise this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here