Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We have done it again.......

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's not up to the club to make the away team feel unwelcome, it's up to the fans. And we fail massively at it.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
So you're saying that fancy lights in the awayend and fancy leaflets are a thing of the future?
Do you really think away fans give a shite about things like that?they care about cheap tickets and easy access to the stadium.Just playing brighton away alone should be seen as a top away game but it's not like that anymore and why?

Maybe times are hard and the old school trip to brighton is ruined by high ticket prices and hideous B&B prices nowadays,was shocked at the accommodation prices in brighton.

These things at the stadium will do jack shite pal

I'm glad you don't have any say on the running of the club.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Why is it childish?
Football was based around the lower classes in society and now it's been overrun by middle class plonkers...That's what football should be about and not bumming the opposition supporters.

I also dislike everyother club mostly bar albion...It's in the blood

Good grief.

I dislike every other clubs too to the extent that I'm ecstatic the marketing department (who I junk emails from) are all over the away fans.

Do you honestly think this isn't about cash ?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
They must have won.

Lose, and all away fans think the ground is a flat pack, the location shit and the Transport awful.

It's amazing what three points do to way fans opinions.

Don't judge everyone by your cynical outlook; there have been plenty of away fans posting complimentary comments about us, regardless of the outcome of the game.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
...although at least it doesn't cost anything; whilst producing posters to welcome away fans does.

I doubt it costs that much in the grand scheme of things. If it persuades a few more away fans to return next time then that means more money for the club and a better atmosphere.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Don't judge everyone by your cynical outlook; there have been plenty of away fans posting complimentary comments about us, regardless of the outcome of the game.

Ok, maybe an exaggeration, but fans generally fans are more complementary about The Amex when they win.

As far as this thread is concerned, I have no problems welcoming away fans. We want them to come back, and spend their money.

If we were winning games, and higher up the league, this type of thread wouldn't even be started.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
pretty sure most fans dont travel to an away game because the ground is nice or welcoming, you travel to support your team end off. We should make it as horrid as possible in my opinion. Never stopped me going to smelhurst and thats is shite hole.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Gotta love this. Talk about black or white. It's either have a Woodstock style love-in or hatred and prejudice. How about we just accept they are there, let them cheer their team then leave.

Same as when we go away generally.

Aaaah, there's no cash in that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
At away games it's something I listen out for, always like to know how many we've taken.

So do I.
Our attendance is announced at the same time, so how do you know the applause is for the away fans? It could just as easily be for the number of home fans.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Our attendance is announced at the same time, so how do you know the applause is for the away fans? It could just as easily be for the number of home fans.

The applause stops, the away attendance is announced - more applause. Seems obvious enough to me.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I have just posted on another thread that we should be proud of the way we treat away fans.
But that poster and applauding the way attendance is pathetic and embarrassing.
Surely its up to the home fans to produce an intimidating atmosphere.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The applause stops, the away attendance is announced - more applause. Seems obvious enough to me.

Yesterday, when the total attendance was announced, the Middlesbrough fans clapped. They were impressed by how many we have at home games (and why wouldn't you be when we play like that) and they all applauded.

Then Albion fans applauded their attendance. And why not? Hating people who follow another football team is so 1980s, and we all know how shit popular culture was then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here