Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We have done it again.......

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
What has the Goldstone got to do with it ? I remember paying a few quid to get in.

You've just backed up my argument. You have to get as much cash off the away fans as the home fans. The guest beers etc.. All part of the mix.

Neutral colours in the branding etc.. Let people mix in the bars.

Very very brave of the club and very very clever.
Im pointing out that brighton was always a big away day for many clubs in years gone by...Now it isn't as times have changed.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
And why exactly do you hate the other teams? Without them we'd be playing ourselves every week .... now that WOULD be boring. Silly childish statement.

Why is it childish?
Football was based around the lower classes in society and now it's been overrun by middle class plonkers...That's what football should be about and not bumming the opposition supporters.

I also dislike everyother club mostly bar albion...It's in the blood

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Why is it childish?
Football was based around the lower classes in society and now it's been overrun by middle class plonkers...That's what football should be about and not bumming the opposition supporters.

Football should be about hatred and bull**** macho posturing?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
No truth whatsoever that next year the ST includes a discount if you accommodate two away fans in your spare room for the night, take them to dinner and a show then let them 'meet' your wife.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The posters are cringey but I can understand the logic in trying to maximise income. It's what a business is all about!

Just a shame our team is so generous to away teams too :angry:

Up to date and ignoring draws, we've won 36 and lost 19 games at the Amex. It doesn't seem to give the opposition any sort of advantage imo.

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
Why is it childish?

"bumming the opposition supporters" sigh

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
What is daft , is walking by the away end at 1.20pm and 100 or so Middlesbrough fans siting outside.
Let the f@ckers in and let them start spending so money. FFP my arse

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
A check on the Boro fans forum to hear what they think:

"Not an ounce of hassle. Courteous stewarding and fans that didn't mind having away supporters mingle with them. Pity more weren't like this."
"Well done Brighton"
"I totally agree. Excellent facilities, great welcome and great stewarding"
"Posters, hand outs of Boro players, Patmos for sale - bit of class that. Wish them well."
"Good day at the office, if a little worrying at they got one back. What a cracking set up and stadium they have. Park in the lovely town of Lewes have some food and beer, then get the train (for nowt as its is in with your match ticket) to the ground, all works a treat"
"The Brighton lot are a friendly bunch too - even applauded our fans when the announcer said there was 1,400 Boro there ! For once, our fans didnt sing about it being a "S--thole" - as it clearly isnt. It may even be one of the best Stadiums in the country - the finishing touches are all there. Would like to go again, but theyre gonna have to come up with us for that to happen"
"Parked in Lewes and got the train. Only one stop. Thought it would be a nightmare after the game but it's amazing how many people can squeeze on a train"
"No, not a nightmare at all OPEO. Quite the opposite, it was like a better organised mini Wembley I guess (with so many coming on buses and trains). You hear people saying "how terrible, no parking anywhere near the stadium" - yet their organisation is excellent. I got on second train after game and was back in Lewes by 5.30. What a lovely place Lewes is too."
"Seems better organized there than the first time I visited a few years back. More trains back into Brighton for starters - suggests that the club worked with Southern Rail in order to make this happen."
"My first visit to the stadium and observations are that it's a really friendly, family place! Nice touches in the stadium like the catering staff wearing Boro shirts and posters thanking fans for travelling over 600 miles. Price of beer is ridiculous though!"

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Theres a reason why we are becoming the favourite away day of fans - we dont criminalise away fans like other clubs. Leafleting them is a bit much, could probably just do a couple of posters instead - but why not actually make them welcome.

Of course it all maximises revenue as well if we get this reputation - you want to be the place where other fans want to visit.

That said, with recent performances, our own fans are going to hardly be in the mood to visit.....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I don't see any harm in making them feel welcome, and lots of clubs do the poster thing etc now.

The only issue I have is the away fans shouldn't be behind the goal they should be tucked away in a corner.

That's the one thing that can effect the outcome of the game, which is the reason most clubs do it.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
No truth whatsoever that next year the ST includes a discount if you accommodate two away fans in your spare room for the night, take them to dinner and a show then let them 'meet' your wife.

They could change ends at ht !

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

"Not an ounce of hassle. Courteous stewarding and fans that didn't mind having away supporters mingle with them. Pity more weren't like this."
"Well done Brighton"
"Posters, hand outs of Boro players, Patmos for sale - bit of class that. Wish them well."
"Good day at the office, if a little worrying at they got one back. What a cracking set up and stadium they have. Park in the lovely town of Lewes have some food and beer, then get the train (for nowt as its is in with your match ticket) to the ground, all works a treat"
"The Brighton lot are a friendly bunch too - even applauded our fans when the announcer said there was 1,400 Boro there ! For once, our fans didnt sing about it being a "S--thole" - as it clearly isnt. It may even be one of the best Stadiums in the country - the finishing touches are all there. Would like to go again, but theyre gonna have to come up with us for that to happen"
"Parked in Lewes and got the train. Only one stop. Thought it would be a nightmare after the game but it's amazing how many people can squeeze on a train"
"No, not a nightmare at all OPEO. Quite the opposite, it was like a better organised mini Wembley I guess (with so many coming on buses and trains). You hear people saying "how terrible, no parking anywhere near the stadium" - yet their organisation is excellent. I got on second train after game and was back in Lewes by 5.30. What a lovely place Lewes is too."
"Seems better organized there than the first time I visited a few years back. More trains back into Brighton for starters - suggests that the club worked with Southern Rail in order to make this happen."
"My first visit to the stadium and observations are that it's a really friendly, family place! Nice touches in the stadium like the catering staff wearing Boro shirts and posters thanking fans for travelling over 600 miles. Price of beer is ridiculous though!"

Ahhh :love:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Of course, we all know which stadium they would have called a "Sh*thole", eh Dougie.

Yes we do , but we wouldn't do those posters or gift wrap the 3points for them ! Still as long as they had a enjoyable day and speak highly of the Amex that's all that matters !

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
but we wouldn't do those posters or gift wrap the 3points for them !

That's because you still owe cash to the local Prontaprint for the last unpaid bill. As for the giftwrap firm, they always ask for a non-refundable deposit and we all know there's no way your lot would pay that.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
That's because you still owe cash to the local Prontaprint for the last unpaid bill. As for the giftwrap firm, they always ask for a non-refundable deposit and we all know there's no way your lot would pay that.

:rotlf: really good humour :clap2:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

"Well done Brighton"

They must have won.

Lose, and all away fans think the ground is a flat pack, the location shit and the Transport awful.

It's amazing what three points do to way fans opinions.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here