Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we just maybe hyped up Paddy a wee bit too much - or not??

Buckeejit

Sep 21, 2014
Big fan of the Derry Pele and was delighted that he came on in the first half yesterday - yes, there were touches of class - a few great passes and the trademark mazy run past defenders and decent attempt at goal but reality perhaps kicked in that one guy can't make THAT much of a difference the way we're playing at the moment...

Still optimistic we'll have some new McCourt moments of magic to savour as the season progresses...

Over to you lot...

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Nobody REALLY believes that he can make much difference.

But he is not like your usual colour-by-numbers footballer and I would rather watch us when he is in the team than when he isn't. He is always capable of doing something different, and the way he looks is a guarantee of cult status.

He is a shining light in the prevailing gloom.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
That's how bad it's got when
Paddy MCCOURT (released by Barnsley and had a trial with us to prove he could still cut it, as no other clubs approached him) is our only bit of spark in the team and he only comes off the bench for a few minutes here and there

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That's how bad it's got when
Paddy MCCOURT (released by Barnsley and had a trial with us to prove he could still cut it, as no other clubs approached him) is our only bit of spark in the team and he only comes off the bench for a few minutes here and there

Have you seen him play in those few minutes? Yesterday, he provided the only highlight of the game from the Albion perspective (including the goal!).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Almost got our YouTube moment from him yesterday. If that had gone in, you'd remember the goal for years - long after you'd forgotten the actual result of the game.

#TeamPaddy

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
If Vicente had made that run yesterday where paddy took on most of their defence and almost scored most of us would have self creamed. There is no hype as far as I'm concerned. Paddy is genuine quality.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
For someone with so little playing time for us I was surprised that he got the biggest cheer of the lot when the teams were announced. Whilst he looks OK on the ball and has a bit more invention about him than others, he did a lot of "meandering" around the midfield, rather than putting himself about a bit more. He's what I would call a luxury player and I am not sure we have room for him while the rest of the team are struggling.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
For someone with so little playing time for us I was surprised that he got the biggest cheer of the lot when the teams were announced. Whilst he looks OK on the ball and has a bit more invention about him than others, he did a lot of "meandering" around the midfield, rather than putting himself about a bit more. He's what I would call a luxury player and I am not sure we have room for him while the rest of the team are struggling.

Goodness me.

By luxury, you mean creative, surely? Did you not witness the defence splitting passes? We have nobody else that can do that. It is not a luxury, it is a necessity. Who else did you think could have unlocked that rigid defence? It wasn't going to be jakey.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
A quality player and the only one we have that can create a moment of magic.

If he was able to play like a genius every time he walked on the pitch, he would not be playing for us. As always, giving players a decent amount of time before they are judged is advantageous, but unlikely of course.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yesterday, he looked a bit subdued at times, a bit concerned about holding back to defend. And then.......

Round my Dad's this morning I picked up a copy of an Argus (Friday, possibly). In it Andy Naylor reports on how the manager has told Paddy to work on the defensive side of his game.

I thought "Please, just leave him be."

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
He got to a position 15 yards out between the posts (that are 24 feet to aim at) and managed to shoot outside them. Appalling miss and cost us a point (Baldocks miss was pathetic also)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here