Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm 'Team Hyypia' and proud of it, anyone else?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
What a pompous load of shite! We all know our history but that doesn't mean we have to to grovellingly accept the substandard rubbish currently being served up . I havent met a single fan that expected a repeat of the last two seasons achievements but to be critical of a team in the bottom five after 12 games seemingly without the management team to turn things round does not make anybody a bad fan. To carry on with the same, clearly failing ,set up for another 6 weeks or so could be a disaster for the club. Never forget our past but always remember the future.

It's early, but the quoted post won't be bettered today.

History is just that.

Bloom has pumped £200 million into our club and the players are taking the piss (currently). Fans have every right to express dissatisfaction if they so wish.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Hyypia very unlikely to be directly involved in player recruitment, therefore he's picking someone else's team in an effort to get a bunch of players he doesn't know playing to his style.

Either his playing style isn't working or he can't get the players to learn it.

Similar to when he was at Bayer Leverkusen without his mate. We all know where that ended.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It's early, but the quoted post won't be bettered today.

History is just that.

Bloom has pumped £200 million into our club and the players are taking the piss (currently). Fans have every right to express dissatisfaction if they so wish.

Are they though? Or are they just a less talented group than this time last season?

For my money we are weaker in every position.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Are they though? Or are they just a less talented group than this time last season?

For my money we are weaker in every position.

I wouldn't say we are weaker in every position.

In my opinion, Stockdale (so far) is weaker than Kuszczak. Bennett is not as good as Ward. I don't think O'Grady/Baldock will be sufficient replacements for what Ulloa may have achieved.

We have a lack of brawn in midfield due to Stephens/Crofts injuries.

So, I would agree we are less talented from what we have seen so far. Maybe a couple of wins will see a different team!

gully1984

May 3, 2014
THIS!

I agree with everyone that has said yesterday's performance was poor. No question at all. But bad performances happen to all teams. Middlesbrough played their part in that.
Our performances against Watford, Forest and Cardiff deserved far better IMHO. Gives me enough belief in his managerial skills.

Calling for the manager's head is taking things way too far.
I'd still give him 2 years to show what he can do.

2 years!!! Really? Lay off. I'm sure he's a lovely guy but how can you defend his tactics? I agree now is too soon, but he has to change and adapt to one on the most competitive leagues out there. The players need to fear for their positions week in week out. Manage by fear in football. Look at the most successful gaffas out there, players feared them!

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
If I have to watch too many more games of 'Greer to Dunk...back to Greer....to Dunk....to Greer...and now to Dunk' I might just die from all the excitement.

That as well but hey at least it keeps the possession stats up.

Let's not worry about shots on target we all know having possession wins games.... doesn't it?

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
How you can genuinely say that our use of foreign managers has not been a success completely baffles me. It is utter nonsense. We were down the bottom of league 1 when Poyet joined, and finished 4th in the Championship when he left. Oscar took over with no pre-season and an arguable weaker squad, suffered the worst injury crisis in the history of the club and still managed to make the play-offs.

Your pathetically dull xenophobia gets in the way of reality. It's 2014 for goodness sake.

The nearly nearly men, with all three managers we never know/knew who were our best 11 was/is Gus had the best advantage with players budget but still blew it in the second season where it mattered the most against our arrivals. Oscar played the most boring football I had seen in a long time, yes he got us into the the play off's on the last day thanks to Leonardo Ulloa last minute goal but was also down to readings failure secure the last spot before the last game. both GUS and Oscar wanted to leave before the seasons were even over so lets not gloss there success to much.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It was not nearly as bad as Middlesbrough last season (Oscar) and probably better than the season before that (Poyet).

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I think there's been an awful lot of factors which are damaging our performance and on balance we're about where we should be for the level of investment made in the squad

Level of investment by comparison to? Ipswich have a squad of loan players and free transfers +1 fee paid which was £10K I believe. Plus there are many more with lower budgets than us, doing far better

Of the 4 below us 2 will have bigger, even far bigger, budgets but both fired their useless Managers and are now on the up

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
I want an ENGLISH manager who understands ENGLISH football and has managed in ENGLAND preferably at Championship level. That is probably too much to ask.

Danny Wilson perhaps. Paul Jewell? Presumably you forgot to add successfully. I want a manager who will lead Brighton to success playing attractive football. You can't always get what you want, though.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I feel sorry for Hypia. He is trying to play better ,exciting football but we have no quality up front.

I don't feel sorry for him!! He might be trying to play better more exciting football he lacks the experience to realise the limitations of our players! We look so disjointed at times!
Nothing has changed system wise since the pre-season friendly at Peterborough. Our strikers aren't getting any decent service hence our top scorer is a defender!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Toko is a defensive midfielder and Lua-Lua is an attacking midfielder.

He is. I thought Toko was going to be the new Bridcutt. Clayton, apart from that selfie, was great yesterday. I'd love to see Toko get the chance to play like that for us.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
I feel sorry for Hypia. He is trying to play better ,exciting football but we have no quality up front.

Yes and No
But then he is not helping himself with statements like Hyypia: No plans for loan striker

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I can't really say whether I'm Team Hyppia or not as I still haven't worked out what the system is. I'm seeing a side that lacks the imagination and guile to break down modest or good defences, but that can't be the plan.

No doubt that the football "product" is unsatisfactory at the moment but changing the manager is probably not the solution. I'd be inclined to stick with Sami at least till the end of the season, assuming we don't get any worse than we were yesterday.

As others have said, that was far from being the worst Albion performance, even in recent years. We played well at times, without being particularly threatening, and seemed to go worryingly flat as the players lost belief.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The nearly nearly men, with all three managers we never know/knew who were our best 11 was/is Gus had the best advantage with players budget but still blew it in the second season where it mattered the most against our arrivals. Oscar played the most boring football I had seen in a long time, yes he got us into the the play off's on the last day thanks to Leonardo Ulloa last minute goal but was also down to readings failure secure the last spot before the last game. both GUS and Oscar wanted to leave before the seasons were even over so lets not gloss there success to much.

Ridiculous argument- Oscar got us to the play-offs because of Ulloa's last minute goal and Reading's failure!? Did Germany win the World Cup because of all the other country's failures? We got to the play-offs because of our own performance over a 46 game season, and no other reason whatsoever.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Ridiculous argument- Oscar got us to the play-offs because of Ulloa's last minute goal and Reading's failure!? Did Germany win the World Cup because of all the other country's failures? We got to the play-offs because of our own performance over a 46 game season, and no other reason whatsoever.

lol yeah showed in the play-offs how good we were, the statement was fact.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
lol yeah showed in the play-offs how good we were, the statement was fact.

Well yes, it was fact, but so was my Germany example. That doesn't mean it isn't a completely ridiculous way of looking at it. We only pissed League 1 a few years ago because 23 other teams messed it up.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm team Hyypia - at the moment. I don't like the idea of changing managers yet again so soon, but I think if we lose the next couple of matches (unluckily or otherwise) his tenure will be in jeopardy, and I will reluctantly move to the other side of the fence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here