Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many more games has Hypia got, if the current 8 league run without a win continues?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
IMO, there is more that just the one problem this season. Yes, the tactics are terrible, but we dont have a goal scorer, and Stockdale has made too many errors. That problem is surely down to Burke/Barber/Bloom.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Hyppia was sacked by Leverkusen after 12 games without a win.
We're currenty on a run of 8 games without a win with only 1 goal from our strikers in 12.

A minimum of 7 points from the next 4 league games should gift Sami some time.
Otherwise, sayonara.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Failure to win in October would be very hard for anyone to argue the case that we should hold the faith, as blooming November looks like a very hard month Wigan, Blackburn, Norwich and Fulham will not be easy at all and could see us even a drift at the bottom.....
The thing is about the championship is that NO games are easy most of the time. The last 2 seasons Brighton had a slight edge over most teams due to 1. An exceptionally mean defence 2. Ulloa. This season the defence has not been quite as good and the new strikers have been collectively less effective that Ulloa.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
We certainly were very poor today. Another defeat, 1 goal from the strikers in 12 league games now and down, down, down the table we go.
Tony Bloom asked us to judge the clubs transfer dealings at the end of the last transfer window and he assured us that we'd be happy with the new signings. I'm afraid not Tony, the great majority of them have turned out to be sub-standard and not over interested in fighting for the team.
A manager is so called because he is responsible for and accountable for the team and its performance. Quite rightly after today Sami really must be on the brink.

Rumours in the Swan after the match were that Hypia will be out of a job on Monday. Purely rumours but they must start somewhere (not here!).

Personally I think he has got two more games. A win at Huddersfield is unlikely, but heaven forbid another loss at home to Rotherham or perhaps one point from the next two games, will surely see us in the bottom three & his position will be untenable.
Agreed Steve. Two points from the next two games might give him an extension. One point he's probably out. Nil points. Out. By the way you're not THE Steve Foster are you? ………………… I've got a few plumbing jobs need doing! LOL

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The problem is this was all so avoidable, wasn't it? This pre-season was like watching a car crash in slow motion.

Sadly, anyone who questioned the lack of decent replacements on here was met by a chorus of 'It's only August, it's only September..' well now we're two weeks into October and we're totally shithouse.

It speaks volumes that many season ticket holders who have already paid for their ticket - a ticket that costs significantly more than many other teams in this league - don't bother attending. How many will bother renewing? I predict a very significant drop and that's going to hit us in the purse. That's far more costly than dithering over whatever Ward wanted all those months ago.

Worrying times.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I think he may go after Saturday actually on reflection, I originally gave him until end of November, but I think the club will see a poor performance again ( I dont want it to be, 300 mile round trip and all that)...... plus I think the bums on seats attendance will be much less than 20k,... heading to 17k ish for the first time,... Tony will take action.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If we lose tomorrow night, which I think we will. Then nothing but three points on Saturday will do, anything less and he will have to go. Far to much at stake to carry on after that. Personally I think the season is already over, in term of looking upwards. Not because the gap between our current position and 6th place is to great. But because we haven't got the players at the club. The quality is just not there. You need to be able to keep clean sheets and score goals to climb the league and be able to put a six game winning streak together. It's just not going happen under Hyypia.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
This squad is the weakest we've had at the Amex - it's probably even weaker than the one that won League One. Why is that? Probably a combination of poor recruitment and our not-top-dollar wages - neither of which are Hypia's fault. (Fulham's parachute payment alone is bigger than our entire turnover!)

Any new guy will have exactly the same problems, so it's just a gamble either way.

I wouldn't say that, there are players with premier league, la liga and Dutch top flight experience in the squad. Not to mention up and coming young players.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
If we lose tomorrow night, which I think we will. Then nothing but three points on Saturday will do, anything less and he will have to go. Far to much at stake to carry on after that. Personally I think the season is already over, in term of looking upwards. Not because the gap between our current position and 6th place is to great. But because we haven't got the players at the club. The quality is just not there. You need to be able to keep clean sheets and score goals to climb the league and be able to put a six game winning streak together. It's just not going happen under Hyypia.
Spot on

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

It would be a plus if the players actually understood his tactics for 6 games in a row and maybe just maybe injuries permitting we actually kept a settled team

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
This.

A little confused as to why people aren't concentrating on this!

TB has shown that he's not one to pay off a manager... A lengthy legal battle dragging the club through the mud because he felt he was right should be evidence enough.

Unless there is a performance clause in SH's contract, we will have him until the end of the season. If there is a performance clause I would expect it to kick in in January personally (Tony strikes me as the sort who works to fixed timelines (such as "1st January") rather than continuous monitoring (such as "10 consecutive games") - that's just my gut feel.

Agree with this, I don't think he will get sacked unless it looks like there's a real possibility of getting relegated. Only then will paying him off be worth it, because of the income we'd lose from being in a lower league.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
However many are necessary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here