Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

some of our supporters need to grow a backbone

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The Championship is a bit different this season though. At the top, no-one is running away with it and at the bottom, there's only Blackpool who really look out of their depth. Last season, it was clear from quite early on that Leicester and Burnley would take some catching and that QPR would have the resources to compete for promotion and at the other end, Yeovil and Barnsley were always likely to struggle. Nonetheless, Derby ended up finishing 3rd in the division and at this stage of the season, I would imagine they would've been no better off than halfway.

By the time you get to December, the table will be a more accurate barometer this season because out of the cluster of teams near the top of the table, it is more likely by then that 1 or 2 of them will have established themselves as the clear leaders and it will probably be the same at the other end. If Brighton were to win 4 or 5 matches on the spin between now and then, they will shoot up the table.
Only Blackpool look out of their depth? The same Blackpool that we couldn't beat at home? I'm not doom mongering but if we don't get ourselves out of this funk we will soon find ourselves in a very sticky situation, especially now Bolton and Fulham are on an upwards curve.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Only Blackpool look out of their depth? The same Blackpool that we couldn't beat at home? I'm not doom mongering but if we don't get ourselves out of this funk we will soon find ourselves in a very sticky situation, especially now Bolton and Fulham are on an upwards curve.

Yes, those were 2 bad points to drop to Blackpool, but Brighton by all accounts battered them and just couldn't score. One of those games. On the other side of the coin, Watford are currently top and Brighton drew against them at Vicarage Road and could have won the match. Just shows that there is no outstanding team in the division this season.

I didn't really see Bolton or Fulham being relegation candidates anyway, but I think that other teams that have made decent starts to the season will hit a slump and will be dragged into a relegation scrap.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
yes,yes I know its bad, but why so many detracting threads on here
FFS grow a backbone.
stop moaning and get behind the management and players and stop behaving like a load of silly screaming girls, its not going to change anytime soon.

We Definately had our disagreements in the past but I 100% agree with this. Listening to BBC Sussex on the way home, several idiots phoning in saying they not going to go to games until results turn round................ Surely now is the time to show support? It's not great but some of the threads on here on just pure panic. I still think we will turn this around, we need a bigger striker to be more of a threat upfront. Those throwing the towel in already are extremely weak minded and need to realise a change of manager won't necessarily improve results. We have enjoyed some good times since 2010 but surely supporting the club in hard times is what the club need?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yes, those were 2 bad points to drop to Blackpool, but Brighton by all accounts battered them and just couldn't score. One of those games. On the other side of the coin, Watford are currently top and Brighton drew against them at Vicarage Road and could have won the match. Just shows that there is no outstanding team in the division this season.

I didn't really see Bolton or Fulham being relegation candidates anyway, but I think that other teams that have made decent starts to the season will hit a slump and will be dragged into a relegation scrap.
Oh so you weren't even at the Blackpool game? Brilliant. Well I was and I can assure you we certainly did not batter them, and I'd also add it's probably not worth using the point at Watford as some kind of yard stick being that they were in between 3 managers.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Same Blackpool side that Middlesbro couldn't beat at home

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We Definately had our disagreements in the past but I 100% agree with this. Listening to BBC Sussex on the way home, several idiots phoning in saying they not going to go to games until results turn round................ Surely now is the time to show support? It's not great but some of the threads on here on just pure panic. I still think we will turn this around, we need a bigger striker to be more of a threat upfront. Those throwing the towel in already are extremely weak minded and need to realise a change of manager won't necessarily improve results. We have enjoyed some good times since 2010 but surely supporting the club in hard times is what the club need?
Out of interest, what makes you think a 'bigger striker' will see anymore of the ball than a painfully isolated Baldock did yesterday?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Did make me laugh that guy who has a ticket but isn't going next week..then went on to rant up the high cost of everything ...i don't think JC wanted to go down that particular route on the phone in

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Oh so you weren't even at the Blackpool game? Brilliant. Well I was and I can assure you we certainly did not batter them, and I'd also add it's probably not worth using the point at Watford as some kind of yard stick being that they were in between 3 managers.

I wasn't there, but have spoken to several people who were who assure me they did. Also, I used Watford as a yardstick on account of the fact that, regardless of their managerial merry-go-round, they currently find themselves top of the table.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Out of interest, what makes you think a 'bigger striker' will see anymore of the ball than a painfully isolated Baldock did yesterday?

Personally, I think we need some one to hold up the ball with Baldock feeding off him. I would imagine that this will give Baldock more of a chance to shine. To be fair, Ulloa aside, we have struggled with strikers since our promotion year and most have been isolated!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I wasn't there, but have spoken to several people who were who assure me they did. Also, I used Watford as a yardstick on account of the fact that, regardless of their managerial merry-go-round, they currently find themselves top of the table.

Well now you've spoken to one who isn't blinkered. You're not confusing Blackpool for the Cardiff game where we played very well are you?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Personally, I think we need some one to hold up the ball with Baldock feeding off him. I would imagine that this will give Baldock more of a chance to shine. To be fair, Ulloa aside, we have struggled with strikers since our promotion year and most have been isolated!

As i understand it Baldock has always played better off of another striker

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Problem is when he puts another striker on Sami's formation means one of them is running the flanks and is absolutely nowhere near the other one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here