Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A question for the Ashley Barnes detractors

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Can I be controversial over Barnes please, he was not this hard working player that you all
say, when he lost the ball, or something did not go his way, he sulked for a good minute, that to me is not hard working. Very average player in my book, who got a dream deal and move, and he is a very lucky boy to have a prem contract.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Can I be controversial over Barnes please, he was not this hard working player that you all
say, when he lost the ball, or something did not go his way, he sulked for a good minute, that to me is not hard working. Very average player in my book, who got a dream deal and move, and he is a very lucky boy to have a prem contract.

Disagree with the exception of prem contract. His defensive work when he was playing out wide was excellent.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
FFS people is really shouldn't be this difficult.

When our strikers don't get the ball in goal scoring positions...guess what...

THEY WON'T SCORE GOALS.

Messi, Trusson, Ronaldo, Pele, Maradonna, Lineker or Gerd Müller wouldn't have scored for us yesterday.
Let alone a league one workhorse.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
It's only because things have got this bad that this question has been raised.

Yes, I think a lot of people would like him back because what once was average would now be good for us.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Messi, Trusson, Ronaldo, Pele, Maradonna, Lineker or Gerd Müller wouldn't have scored for us yesterday.
Let alone a league one workhorse.

Pretty sure they all would have scored the cut-back that was laid on Baldock's plate yesterday. Or at least kicked the ball properly in the direction of the goal.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
There is something quite toxic about our fans "support"

- booing at half time/full time
- the north stand exodus
- the ironic clapping of the shot on target in the second half
- the lack of patience with young players like Barnes and JFC

None of this helps

I don't know but is the matchday experience for you all about having a padded seat, the best pies in the league, being able to drink a pint, watching a band before the game, meeting mates in Dicks Bar after queuing for half and hour etc etc. For me, and probably the majority of fans, it is about being entertained on the pitch by the team we support. That didn't happen.

As for JFC and Barnes, don't tar the majority of supporters with a very small minority that post on NSC or the Argus, or those that ring in to Sussex FM and slag players off having heard the commentary of the game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pretty sure they all would have scored the cut-back that was laid on Baldock's plate yesterday. Or at least kicked the ball properly in the direction of the goal.
All those legends would have f***ed off and been at Gatwick long before that chance arrived.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Barnes is not that young! Why do people always call him young? Is it because he lacks maturity on the pitch? When was Lua Lua described as young?

I still believe Barnes is the most over rated Brighton player in 30 years.
I would rather have Murray or Wood back thanks. Give ne an old Bobby Zamora ahead of Barnes also.

We need goals. How many goals has Barnes got this season? League and Cup combined?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here