Votes: 145 34.3%
  • fence

Votes: 105 24.8%

• Total voters

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Am in the 'back him' camp at the moment.
The tactical system being played out DOES need tweaking, a third CB for instance would provide PROPER defensive cover for our galloping wing backs. But then what do I know? Maybe I'm talking horse sh1t.
Lets see where we are when the next international break comes (mid november??). I may well have completely changed my mind by then!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
he has got to given time to settle
new manager,with a short time before the season,new players settling in and mores to the point a new system.
all the negativity and everyone saying different things.
the blokes got very big shoulders and can take the stick and I am sure he has had more bollockings from those who know more that the detractors on here.
he has to work with what he has been given and as I have said before do you think he wanted to sell Leo or buckers and we were after Baldock before he came here.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I'm on the fence but only because half the problem is down to the hand he has been dealt buy senior management at the club.

Having said that I would not be bothered if he was removed from his position as I don't think he is the right profile of manager that we require.

If we are going to work on a reduced budget we need someone who knows the lower leagues and can spot the right players to brought in and also get the best out of what we have.

They must also have control of recruitment, without this we won't get the manager we need.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
IMO see what he can do this week, hudderfield away and rotherham at home, i think we'll know by then
To try and be fair. Lat year we were getting a one nil loss followed by a one nil win [or so it seemed]. This year we are getting a couple of draws on the trot which means you can be playing as well but getting less points.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Fail to win tonight, and it becomes clear that something is wrong and needs to change. Is it tactics or player recruitment? That's for Tony Bloom to decide.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Read my whole post. I've clearly said it's his right to do what he thinks is best for the club. However, I'm fed up with everyone else being blamed e.g. Burke, Barber, Hyypia etc when Tony Bloom decides the budget and what is spent. He's the one who makes all those decisions I'd imagine.

There's a massive blame culture on NSC with people starting threads to blame almost everyone for our current situation. Sadly, I think Sami will pay the price if things don't improve soon but I'm just giving a bit of perspective. Tony Bloom seems to be untouchable to our fans, and in many ways that's right as he's done so much for the club. However, we didn't spend big (similar sort of money to Ulloa) on a striker this summer and a fair assumption is that's down to budget set by the chairman. If that's not true, then it changes my argument but if people are throwing around blame, this is worth remembering.

Hold on, Bloom may decide the budget but Burke waste's it with the shi*e he has recommended over the last 18 months or so. I can't remember it being said the player budget has ever been reduced since joining the Championship. When are people ever going to question this guys abillity instead of blaming managers.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
To be fair to Burke, he can only work with the budget he is given. He has 'recommended' we sign players like Grabben and Clayton but (I'm assuming), other clubs have offered more.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
A piece from an article in today's Arsegas has me a little worried:

“To be honest, I don’t even know which place we are at the moment and I don’t even like to know. I think it’s more important what we do here.
“I know it’s not very nice or good that we are in this kind of position but we can’t help it, can’t turn the clock back. The only thing we can do is try to improve as individuals, try to improve as a team, and I am sure the results will come".

Bloody Hell Sami.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Fail to win tonight, and it becomes clear that something is wrong and needs to change. Is it tactics or player recruitment? That's for Tony Bloom to decide.
A draw tonight and a win on Saturday would be promotion form. We need to wait the outcome of both games Shirley!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A piece from an article in today's Arsegas has me a little worried:

“To be honest, I don’t even know which place we are at the moment and I don’t even like to know. I think it’s more important what we do here.
“I know it’s not very nice or good that we are in this kind of position but we can’t help it, can’t turn the clock back. The only thing we can do is try to improve as individuals, try to improve as a team, and I am sure the results will come".

Bloody Hell Sami.

Oh dear........

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here