Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "marvelous" 1901 food thread

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Is that from the chippie outside opposite the shop? I had that before the Bolton game and thought £6.50, as it was, was reasonable but 2 normal sausages and chips for the same price was expensive.

Yes it was - actually it might have been the scampi that was £7 but you were right it did make the sausages look pricey

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Is that from the chippie outside opposite the shop? I had that before the Bolton game and thought £6.50, as it was, was reasonable but 2 normal sausages and chips for the same price was expensive.

Genuine question (you get far too much grief on here) what is a "normal sausage".

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Only my second game this season, what is that marquee outside ? Is that where you get the normal sausage ?

Can you get a beer with one outside ?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Looks vaguely edible. I don't like the standard catering and bought a wrap (something like that) for £3 in the Co-op before the match.

If they sold them in the concourse it would be a better bet than the burgers.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
FFS. Has everyone already forgotten that paying £12.50 for something that you get from a petrol station for three quid is vital if you don't want any more players to be sold? Please give generously. Thank you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's (also) worth pointing out that you pay for the priviledge of eating that for that price.

Football really needs to take it's head out of it back****.

Not a 1901 member obviously but if I was I would be angry at that.

I would have thought I'd paid quite enough not to be taken advantage off. Expect a premuim not a rip off.

I'm fascinated by the economics being explained. Only open once a week and therefore have to charge more because we can't keep food over for the next day.

Sounds like a job for Gordan Ramsey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here