Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Big Announcement" at HT according to stadium announcer

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I understand the need for the club to be run as a business. But the whole feel of a match has gone too far down the commercial road in my view. It's like the football gets in the way of selling opportunities. Did they show the Half Time scores? If so I missed them.

The contrast with the BBC report this week about Dortmund, their commitment to and by their fans and, oh yes, their 80,000 average gate, could not be greater.

PG

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I understand the need for the club to be run as a business. But the whole feel of a match has gone too far down the commercial road in my view. It's like the football gets in the way of selling opportunities. Did they show the Half Time scores? If so I missed them.

The contrast with the BBC report this week about Dortmund, their commitment to and by their fans and, oh yes, their 80,000 average gate, could not be greater.

PG

Excellent post, I completely agree.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Has the third kit changed colour. Seems brighter now compared to this at the start of the season.

Brighton-14-15-Third-Kit (2).jpg

The whole 'you can buy it now and we are wearing at Spurs so don't miss out' nonsense got a few boos around us. People are getting fed up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

PG

Pissed me off to see the hard sell of a shitty fluorescent shirt whilst I was sitting there fuming about the lacklustre first half I have to confess. It was as if the football was a second thought.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is the sort of thing nobody would give a shiny shite about if we were winning matches. But we are not, so it comes across as tiresome money grabbing bollocks at the expense of devoting efforts at what really matters.

This is the sort of thing nobody would give a shiny shite about if we were winning matches. But we are not, so it comes across as tiresome money grabbing bollocks at the expense of devoting efforts at what really matters.

Shiny shit is a fantabulous saying.

Or, I'm pissed.

I need to go to bed.

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
A few days ago I had an email from the club encouraging me to buy an away red and black shirt (with free scarf thrown in) with the Spurs match in mind. Today they advertise the orange kit as the one the team will be wearing at Spurs.
Anyway why can't the blue and white be worn?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Shameful that they shoved this down the fans throats (insert deep throat gag) whilst on our way to another home defeat and labelled it as a 'big announcement'. Thanks so much for giving us the option of spending £45 on a t-shirt, great news.

Seems we the fans (customers) are becoming more and more irrelevant to the suits and are only momentarily valued when we are buying all of the overpriced shit that they fling at us.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm surprised the fat tw@t got that shirt over his head without messing up his hair.

What is the big deal with this fecking orange away kit FFS ? Sell it, there must be hundreds of kids that want it, at Withdean one season we had 3 ( count them ) kits, IT First, all with some shade of blue in them.

Sorry but I don't get it, why is this kit now limited edition?

I give up, I'm lost with this football club:shootself

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
A few days ago I had an email from the club encouraging me to buy an away red and black shirt (with free scarf thrown in) with the Spurs match in mind. Today they advertise the orange kit as the one the team will be wearing at Spurs.
Anyway why can't the blue and white be worn?

They want you to buy 2 kits, change at half time :D

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Has the third kit changed colour. Seems brighter now compared to this at the start of the season.

View attachment 59432

The whole 'you can buy it now and we are wearing at Spurs so don't miss out' nonsense got a few boos around us. People are getting fed up.

On the other hand...the new traing pitch looks great.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Dunno, but agree with my wife who said it doesn't work/sound right.

Just like girls who do match commentary occasionally on BBC.

I have no problem with Women Pas, Women presenting football or Women reporters at matches. However Women commentators I draw the line at, it just doesn't work. To be fair to the female species it may just be that the only token commentator is absolutly dire and I have tarred them all with the same brush.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I remember once at Withdean a new kit was announced and some very fit ladies were employed by the club to parade in them. Could have been Gullies Girls. And look what we had yesterday in contrast!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here