Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hosham UKIP public meeting tonight in Horsham at 19:30

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I do believe the far-right should get (non-violent) abuse everywhere they go to send a message to both them and other less informed people that Britain will never support their cloaked fascist values.

But nobody should get abuse though should they? Especially for what they believe politically.

They have bad ideas? You have better ones?

Good. Then win the argument.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Funny how UKIP are stronger in the areas where there aren't any foreigners anyway...

Then they keep banging on about the dam EU. Can any UKIP supporter tell me a few laws you would change that the EU has imposed on us??

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
as for your stance on green...well that's up to you if you are happy with paying higher energy bills when that particular something hasn't even been granted a proven guaranteed fact, besides even if climate change were a proven fact do you seriously think india and china would consider stopping all of their omissions right now or in the very near future.. meaning the tiny bit of difference by Europe banning omissions wont make one iota of difference.

I put my faith in the scientists who have spent years, studying, researching and experimenting the climate of this planet. If a substantial body of them, and not ones paid by oil companies to investigate climate change, believe that we are damaging the world then I'm inclined to agree with them. Even if, let's just say, that our contribution to climate change has been grossly overstated, are you happy at the thought we will have used up our natural resources in the relatively near future? Do you not care for what may be waiting for our children and grandchildren down the line? With regards to China and India, hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil your policy is it? Just because they don't give a toss gives us an excuse to follow suit does it? We should be leading by example, especially when we have the resources to do so.

happy with staying in the EU are you.. just as long as you realise that endless immigration is here to stay and you've lost all complete control of your countries future, because how can you possibly plan / manage something when you aint got the slightest idea as to who or how many you are supposed to be catering for from one day to the next. its a ludicrous idea and you know it.

Given that the majority of these immigrants are gainfully employed doing jobs that benefit the UK and it's people, or are paying us money to attend our Universities then I'm happy for immigration to continue. There is so much worry over EU migration and how much power Britain has over that, that people fail to consider 265,000 came from outside the EU, immigration we do have control over. Given that we can quote immigration figures, I think the government has a pretty accurate idea on how many people they can cater for.

and finally if your content in knowing that a bunch of un elected corrupt Marxists are going to be running the majority of your affairs FOREVER from as far away as Brussels then you carry on fella. but don't go crying when it all goes tits up just like it is beginning to do so right now.

This last bit just made me laugh.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
If that's the case I apologise - BF's post came across as critical of potential UKIP voters but I may have got the wrong end of the stick.[/QUOy
you definitely got the wrong end of the stick, I'd encourage anyone to go along to a UKIP meeting but as long as that person aint a time waster and as you well know mate there are plenty of them about.
you either want change or you don't, live with the fact that current politicians are corrupt or go for something completely new....I know what I want. & besides corruptness I happen to agree with all what UKIP have to offer.
What in particular is completely new about UKIP? And what guarantees they will not be corrupt also?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
What in particular is completely new about UKIP? And what guarantees they will not be corrupt also?

New as in they have never run the country......No guarantees as they have never run the country, the only thing that can be guaranteed is that the parties that have run the country for the last few decades, have been corrupt.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
On Friday 17th October, UKIP will begin its Horsham campaign for the 2015 General and District Council Elections, with a meeting at North Heath Village Hall, St Mark’s Lane, Horsham RH12 5PJ at 7.30pm. Whether you disagree with what you think UKIP stand for, it's worth turning up to see the UKIP candidate for Horsham. I have spoken to him and he is articulate and has the interests of people in Horsham at heart. I'm going to throw a few questions at him.

I have got one for you.

Given Cameron's comments yesterday about regaining border control and the EU's response that open borders are a fundamental founding principle for EU membership. Can you ask the candidate, in light of the Ebola crisis, how many Europeans does he think need to die (or become infected) before democratically elected governments come under pressure from their electorate (ignore the whims of unelected technocrats) and arbitrarily introduce border controls or shut their borders?

I will open the bidding at 250.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
New as in they have never run the country......No guarantees as they have never run the country, the only thing that can be guaranteed is that the parties that have run the country for the last few decades, have been corrupt.
Neither have the Greens.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
Given that the majority of these immigrants are gainfully employed doing jobs that benefit the UK and it's people, or are paying us money to attend our Universities then I'm happy for immigration to continue. There is so much worry over EU migration and how much power Britain has over that, that people fail to consider 265,000 came from outside the EU, immigration we do have control over. Given that we can quote immigration figures, I think the government has a pretty accurate idea on how many people they can cater for.

There's a couple of points that I'd argue ( gently )

The figures tend to be massaged towards net immigration: ergo every emigrant can be replaced by an immigrant invisibly. Immigration per se is not a problem, of course, but we really have to look at the sheer scale.

I have to say that the biggest 'problem' that concerns me is the distortion that this causes on our homes market. Take a 'supply side' that is chronically under met and further eroded by BTL, and a 'demand side' that is pressured by Europe's (and beyond) economic refugees, and you come to see naturalised Britons having to wait until their late 30's (on average) until they can become home owners and hope to achieve security and start a family. I think this is infantalising a generation who are also drinking too much to dull their expectations.

We can't possibly house the all world's economic refugees, just to support a fanciful model of GDP and economic 'success'

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
There's a couple of points that I'd argue ( gently )

The figures tend to be massaged towards net immigration: ergo every emigrant can be replaced by an immigrant invisibly. Immigration per se is not a problem, of course, but we really have to look at the sheer scale.

I have to say that the biggest 'problem' that concerns me is the distortion that this causes on our homes market. Take a 'supply side' that is chronically under met and further eroded by BTL, and a 'demand side' that is pressured by Europe's (and beyond) economic refugees, and you come to see naturalised Britons having to wait until their late 30's (on average) until they can become home owners and hope to achieve security and start a family. I think this is infantalising a generation who are also drinking too much to dull their expectations.

We can't possibly house the all world's economic refugees, just to support a fanciful model of GDP and economic 'success'

I agree there is a housing problem in this country, but this is just as much a problem of our own making. If we look at Horsham and the recent housing developments, they are all luxury homes, nowhere affordable for young Horshamites to move into as first time buyers. I think the point about drinking too much is a tad strong, heavy drinking is on the down according to this and several other articles: http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/mar/07/heavy-drinking-smoking-uk-national-statistics with the older generations remaining the heavier drinkers.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
....... If we look at Horsham and the recent housing developments, they are all luxury homes, nowhere affordable for young Horshamites to move into as first time buyers.

Its a chain.......The Bourgeois move in, and the proles move up to the spaces left.

The drinking thing wasn't a criticism, just an observation. I totally feel for 'Generation Rent'

Last edited:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Correct, but you were posting about UKIP.....so your point is?

I think :) .....the original post I quoted was stating that newness and possible incorruptibility were reasons for voting for UKIP without mentioning political convictions - which would surely be the prime concern.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Can someone please give me some positive reasons for staying in the EU?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here